Assistant Professor in Mathematics #202210TTL
The Department of
Mathematics at Texas State University is seeking to hire a
tenure-track assistant professor in mathematics, applied
mathematics, or statistics to commence employment in the fall
semester of 2022.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a strong commitment to high-quality research. The candidate must be dedicated to the teaching and mentoring of students at the graduate and undergraduate levels. In addition, the candidate must be actively engaged in service to the department, college, university and mathematical community. The starting salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications.
All positions are subject to availability of funds.
- An earned doctorate in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, or a closely related field prior to employment;
- Evidence of excellence in research;
- Evidence of, potential for, teaching excellence; and
- An ability to contribute to the Mathematics Department mission.
- Evidence of, or potential to obtain, external funding;
- Evidence of, or potential for, mentoring student research at various levels;
- Experience in serving a diverse student population;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting collaborative research;
- Demonstrated potential to develop research collaborations with departmental faculty; and
- Evidence of computational expertise in teaching or research.
Applicants must submit the following via mathjobs.org/jobs: cover
letter, AMS cover sheet, current curriculum vitae, all
undergraduate and graduate transcripts, statement of research
agenda, teaching philosophy, and three letters of
recommendation. Applicants are also required to submit a
current curriculum vitae and cover letter through the Texas State
University website, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/35366.
To ensure full consideration, the materials listed above should arrive at the required locations by October 20, 2021. However, we shall continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Statistics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos