Assistant Director of Auxiliary Programs
Careers At Sidwell Friends School
Welcome to the Human Resources Department at Sidwell Friends School. Sidwell Friends prides itself in offering a high quality educational experience to those who will lead the next generation. To that end, we are seeking qualified individuals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to enhance the student experience at Sidwell Friends. We encourage you to review the job postings below and to contact us for additional information.
Assistant Director of Auxiliary Programs Department: Auxiliary Programs Location: Washington, DC
Position Start Date: August 2021
Sidwell Friends, a coeducational Quaker day school with campuses in Washington, DC, and Bethesda, MD, seeks an experienced professional to join its Auxiliary Programs team. Our Auxiliary Program encompasses a diverse array of programs and services that includes before and after school programs, enrichment workshops, facility rentals, the school store and cafe, intra campus shuttle, Early Childhood Learning Center (ECLC), and a comprehensive summer program for over 2500 campers annually. Reporting to the Director of Auxiliary Programs and Director of Summer Programs, the Assistant Director will focus on assisting with the coordination of our Extended Day Programs including our SPARC (after school enrichment programs), our rentals program and other projects as assigned.
This leadership opportunity requires someone energetic, personable, collaborative, flexible, and able to adapt to the needs of multiple programs operating simultaneously. Must bring strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with parents, children, summer employees, and colleagues throughout the school. A passion for customer service and working with children of a variety of ages is a must. This person must be well-organized and be able to prioritize in order to meet deadlines, as well as multi-task on a regular basis. The successful applicant will have the capacity to communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, be a team player, demonstrate an ability to take initiative, as well as work independently and collaboratively.
Office administrative tasks include:
- managing registration process, email, phones, enrollment tracking, and processing payments/invoices.
Program specific tasks include:
- coordinating with the two on-site directors of the Lower and Middle School after school programs
- subbing in programs as needed
- coordinating staffing of the shuttle monitors and subbing as needed,
- coordinating facility rentals and assisting with special events with the school store/cafe.
Summer Programs responsibilities may include:
- assisting with hiring of staff, overseeing programs daily, updating program budgets, and marketing and recruitment activities.
Physical requirements include being able to lift materials of 30 pounds, stand for extended periods of time (events, carpool, shuttle), ability to walk campus, sit on the floor and interact with children, and travel between campus on public transportation. Furthermore, candidates should have experience with Google sheets/Excel and the ability to learn new programs and registration systems.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of related experience with 1-3 years at a management level, preferably in camp or educational settings. A bachelors degree or equivalent amount of experience is required. Experience supervising staff and operations and understanding of camp/educational programs and marketing/recruitment goals.
As a condition of employment, all employees hired after August 1, 2021 are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to provide proof of such vaccination. To make application for a medical or religious exemption, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter explaining how they would be a good match for these criteria, as well as three professional references via our online application.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.