Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Strategic Management #20227TTL
The Department of
Management at Texas State University invites applications for a
tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor or
associate professor. All positions are subject to
availability of funds.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and/or graduate management courses in the area of strategic management at the main campus and the Round Rock campus; conducting and publishing high-quality scholarly research; and providing service to the profession, the University, and the business community that is consistent with the college mission.
- Candidates must have a Ph.D. in strategic management (or closely related business area) from an AACSB accredited school; ABDs will be considered depending on their program completion date.
- A record that illustrates current, or potential for, teaching excellence in the area of strategic management.
- Ability to teach a range of strategic management courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Record of activity in scholarship, teaching, and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of assistant professor or associate professor at the university level.
- Preference will be given to candidates who provide evidence of excellence in teaching and scholarly research appropriate for rank.
- Teaching experience in AACSB accredited programs.
- Demonstrated record of, or potential for, excellence in scholarly research/publication.
To guarantee full consideration, all application materials must be received by October 15, 2021. Only applications submitted through the Texas State University faculty employment website will be considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/35476.
A complete application comprises a cover letter, a CV, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of research interests, and a list of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Other Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos