Director, Workforce Development
Hodges University is a private, not-for-profit, regionally accredited university located in southwest Florida and is regionally accredited by SACSCOC and approved as a Level III institution offering associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees. The University offers degrees in five Schools including Fisher School of Technology, Johnson School of Business, Nichols School of Professional Studies, School General Studies, and the School of Health Sciences.
The Division of Academic Affairs at Hodges University in Fort Myers, Florida welcomes highly qualified applicants to fill an immediate need for the Director of Workforce Development.
We are looking for a dynamic director who can successfully plan, implement, and systematically assess the 5-year plan that seeks to improve student learning outcomes and student job readiness relevant to the 21st-century workforce needs. The director will also compile data and write reports on the outcomes of this initiative that demonstrate compliance with standards set forth by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The person in this position will also perform the duties of Hodges University’s Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) director.
The Director of Workforce Development has responsibility for the implementation and management of the QEP along with monthly assessment planning and updates as part of Hodges University's continued accreditation. The candidate will be expected to think strategically and effectively analyze data and implement data-informed decisions. The candidate will be expected to work with faculty, staff, and key administrators on program assessment and continuous improvement, attending departmental and university meetings/functions, and performing other related duties as assigned.
The candidate will also be expected to develop and maintain effective partnerships with businesses, agencies, industries, faculty, and staff in the identification of training needs, including conducting quantitative and qualitative training needs assessments and the development of customized workforce solutions. The director will be expected to identify and assemble a QEP Advisory Committee and seek input on the design of new policies, procedures, curricula, job descriptions, and professional development necessary to achieve the QEP goals.
The director will strengthen institutional career placement outcomes to increase the number of graduates who immediately transition to meaningful jobs - with specific preparation, training, and experiences they need to be employable and successful early in their chosen careers.
To be eligible to apply for this position, candidates should have the following:
- A Master's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Two or more years of college/university-level teaching experience in a professional-technical/workforce program.
- Two or more years of administrative leadership or management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with developing, maintaining, interpreting, and executing administrative procedures and practices, and maintaining manuals regarding policies, procedures, rules, standards for the institution, and regional, and program accrediting agencies.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion with experience working with diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the design, delivery, and assessment of programs and facilitated sessions (e.g., workshops) to a wide range of participants.
The ideal candidate for this position would also possess the following:
- Knowledge of regional accreditation standards and experience with the program and institutional evaluations by accrediting bodies. SACSCOC preferred.
- Evidence of partnership development with agencies including business and industry, the workforce system, high schools, and universities.
- Direct experience working with Vocational Educational Programs, Certificate Programs, Industry Certifications, Career Placement, AS Degrees, Apprenticeship programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive excellence through program innovations and student success efforts.
- A Ph.D., Ed.D., or another terminal degree in an area relevant to the position by December 2021.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Applicants must submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest that addresses the required qualifications.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references (name, title, address, phone number, email address)
- Unofficial transcripts.
For more information about Hodges University, please visit www.hodges.edu
Live and work in paradise! Hodges University is located in sunny, Ft. Myers, Florida on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. The region is home to over 1 million year-round residents who take advantage of entertainment options as diverse as shelling on Sanibel Island or Swamp Buggy Racing in Naples, Airboat rides in the Everglades or Art Shows on Fifth Avenue, Fine dining on cuisine from all over the world or fishing for your fresh catch, world-class golfing or Warm Mineral Springs, the Ferry to Key West or the Edison/Ford Winter Estates, and the REVS Institute for Automotive Research and Historical Study or the Rodeo in Arcadia. Our economy is among the more diversified in the state and our region continues to grow.
Hodges University is a dynamic, entrepreneurial institution of higher education that espouses the non-traditional, not just in the students we serve but in the opportunities we leverage. We offer workforce-focused certificates and degrees in areas such as Clinical Healthcare, Business, Psychology, and Information Technology. We are the region’s only federally-designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and offer a robust English as a Second Language program – on campus, online, and in satellite locations. All of our learning environments are TEC-enabled, which means, for the majority of classes, students can pick both how and when they go to class – in person, online, or virtual – each time the class meets!
If you’d like to join our dedicated team of professionals focused on thinking critically and creatively to deliver educational programming and support designed to efficiently develop the workforce in Southwest Florida, click here.
Hodges University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristics under the law in its hiring practices. All offers of employment are conditioned on the successful completion of a background check and in some cases, a drug test.
Hodges Annual Security Report (Cleary Act Information and Policy) and Crime Stats located at https://www.hodges.edu/admissions/consumerInformation.aspx. The security report describes Hodges Annual Security Plan, and the Crime Stats report lists the number and types of crimes committed on or near campus each year.
To the extent, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) applies to me, I hereby consent to the processing of my Personal Data as defined by the GDPR for the purposes outlined and provided for in Hodges’ policies, as amended from time to time. I understand that in certain circumstances, I have the right to object to the processing of my Personal Data. I further understand that I have the right to request (1) access to my Personal Data; (2) rectification of mistakes or errors and/or erasure of my Personal Data; (3) that Hodges restrict processing of my Personal Data; and (4) that Hodges provide my Personal Data upon request in a portable format.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Myers