Facility Operations Assistant
Facility Operations Assistant
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Facility Operations Assistant .
Assist the Facilities Operations Supervisor in ensuring the building(s), equipment and utilities are maintained in good working order and facility grounds are properly maintained in accordance with facility policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for locking and/or unlocking the facility daily.
- Perform regular building maintenance and repairs in the areas of, but not limited to, painting and drywall, floor and ceiling tiles, doors, locks, closers, minor plumbing and fixtures, partitions, lamp replacement and roof leaks.
- Serve as liaison between plant operations and staff, faculty, students and community to perform customer service duties such as: temperature adjustments, move district-owned furniture, load/unload heavy boxes, and assist with deliveries as needed. Special event setups and customer service. Table/chair configuration, assisting with transfers of packages, boxes and equipment (and cleaning if contractor fails to arrive.) Customer service contact includes Collin College faculty, staff, students and visitors.
- Prepare areas for painting, making necessary repairs, rearrange furniture, clean baseboards for masking tape adhesion and finally match paint, paint and clean up.
- Take care of assigned areas, to include, but not limited to: lights, custodial performance, special customer service set-ups, general maintenance to confirm areas are ready, at all times, for classes. General maintenance tasks for the campus: lights (repair/replace as needed), door PM, meter readings (electric, water and gas), swimming pool tests, receiving deliveries, stockroom deliveries, and work requests.
- Safeguard the security of the building(s) when assigned evening, weekend or holiday work.Lock and/or unlock the facility daily to make certain students, faculty, staff and visitors can enter the facility according to campus opening time and to ensure facility is secure at closing.Perform safety and security checks of the doors during daily rounds and report all safety and security infractions to Facility Plant Operations Mgr., Safety and Security Officer on duty, or District Director of Safety and Security.
- May operate two-way radio for communication. May be required to drive a company vehicle.
- May notify contract custodial supervisor of work to be done, as needed, to maintain cleanliness of the facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
High School Diploma and at least one (1) year of experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures
- Basic electrical skills
- Basic plumbing skills
- Ability to maintain composure and keep calm when faced with stressful interpersonal situations
- Ability to use independent judgement
- Ability to perform a wide variety of general building maintenance
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to gases and workspace restrictions. Frequent exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Majority of work performed outside or with exposure to risk. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $28,807.00 - 33,128.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney