Circulation Assistant (Part-time)
Circulation Assistant (Part-time)
9700 Wade Blvd,, Frisco Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Circulation Assistant (Part-time)
Provide customer service to all patrons in regards to checking out materials, assistance with their patron accounts, and providing information on circulation and library policies. Provide circulation assistance to Collin College faculty, staff and students as well as citizens of Collin County. Assist with maintenance of data for various library collections and supplement basic library maintenance as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage functions relating to the circulation of print and non-print materials in the library using the integrated library computer system. Maintain collection in orderly fashion within the stacks and periodical areas.
- Assist with shelf reading and inventory of collection.
- Enter data and maintain an accurate database of all patron records.
- Ensure the collection of fines from delinquent patrons, and fees, while maintaining records of all such collections to balance receipts and cash at all times. Make daily deposits.
- Maintain and clean laptop computers for Student use.
- Assure accurate circulation statistics and report them in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School Diploma or equivalency certification required. Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
One (1) year related experience. Two (2) years related experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of how the organization of the Library of Congress works
- Knowledge of FERPA and the American Library Association Library Bill of Rights
- Knowledge Library organization by collections
- Knowledge of Library's main operating system
- Knowledge of Traditional Reserve and EReserve materials
- Knowledge of copyright rules
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Accurate data entry skills
- Basic typing skills (45 words per minute)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Data entry skills
- Customer service and inter-personal relationship skills
- Ability to transfer information from one source to the next without loosing or compromising data
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to schedule rotation and maintenance of laptops used daily
- Ability to adjust shelving as necessary
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to balance a cash box
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $14.68 - 14.69
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney