Ohio University invites applications and nominations for the position of Budget Director.
With its historic main campus in Athens; five regional campuses; three extension campuses in the Columbus, Cleveland, and Dayton areas; and one of the largest enrollments of online students among public universities in Ohio, the University has a collective enrollment of over 30,000 students. The stunning 1,740-acre main campus is located in what has been named one of America’s best college towns. The campus seamlessly merges with Uptown Athens, which is rich with local food culture and walking distance from historic neighborhoods. Established by the Northwest Ordinance of 1787 and chartered in 1804, Ohio University is the state’s first institution of higher education and one of America’s oldest public universities. Today, OHIO is classified as a research university with high research activity by the Carnegie Foundation.
The Finance and Administration Division reports directly to Ohio University President Hugh Sherman, currently is comprised of more than 500 full-time staff who serve faculty, students, staff and the University community as a collaborative team through several offices and functions: Human Resources, Real Estate, Transportation and Parking, Mail Services, Finance, Architecture Design and Construction, Moving and Surplus, Printing Services, Facilities Management and Safety, Ohio University Police, Airport and Sustainability.
As an engaged member of the senior vice president’s leadership team, the Budget Director leads the University Budget process by overseeing the office of Budget Planning and Analysis and by working with University stakeholders in the budgeting process. The role provides leadership and support in numerous University committees. Works with financial leadership team in development of analysis, reporting and financial decision making.
The position provides leadership and oversight in the following areas:
- Support executive leadership decision making by:
- Presenting analyses, impacts, and recommendations regarding budget drivers and assumptions inclusive of raise pools, benefit escalators and utilization, tuition and fee increases, enrollments, financial aid, new programs and investments
- Providing expertise and analyses regarding external factors that impact institutional financial planning inclusive of federal and state budget bills and state allocation models and methodology
- In partnership Chief Facility Officer, Executive Director Treasury Management and Director of Investments, analyze and model impacts of external and market factors on cost escalators and revenues with respect to interest rates, investment performance, commodity rates, forward pricing agreements on institutional budgets and cashflow projections
- Interacting with, and providing direction and training to, university administrative units in development, reconciliation, and forecasting unit budgets on a multi-year basis
- Provide consultation and advice to Academic Budget efforts within the Provost organization on academic unit budget submissions, analyses, trends and forecasting.
- Provide leadership and direction for utilization and implementation of information technology and the creation & maintenance of budgeting tools, models, templates & guidance:
- Leading development of business requirements as drivers for new tools and enhancements, external RFP’s and fit gap analyses. Functional lead for implementation of new software/systems.
- Defining inputs, tools, templates to support the development of planning unit budgets and consolidations
- Serving as advisor and resource to other university departments (i.e. IR/Enrollment/Treasury/Facilities) in the development of forecasting and financial modeling
- Collaborating with Financial Systems Team, IT, Accounting in creating integrations with existing institutional systems to streamline processes and create efficiencies
- Provide leadership and analyses in collaboration with the AVP, Finance in the quarterly development of institutional operating and non-operating forecasting, variance/flux analyses and respective impacts on multi-year budgets and decision processes. Support fiscal year audit activities as necessary.
- Lead and direct presentation of budget materials:
- Working with stakeholders in creation of university Budget Book, including communicating and enforcing deadlines, reviewing, and editing submissions, creating narratives and supporting graphs, and assembling the document
- Creation of presentations for BOT discussions and approvals
- Lead discussions and manage agendas for institutional committees inclusive of Budget Planning Council, Budget Partner Group, Executive Budget Group
- Participating in SEEC (strategic enrollment committee) subcommittees as appropriate with respect to budget planning impacts
- Represent Ohio University on IUC (Inter University Council) Committees; analyze proposals and discussions for impact on Ohio University as well as Ohio university sector. Interact with Chancellor’s staff at the Department of Higher Education (DHE) for necessary approvals, interpretation of Ohio Revised Code, and university fiscal strategies as appropriate.
For additional details, or to submit an application, please visit https://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/37622
Ohio University is proud of its rich history, diverse campuses, international communities, and beautiful Appalachian settings. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide and support a transformative learning experience, we affirm our commitment to fostering a welcoming, respectful, diverse, and inclusive workforce and community. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, ethnicity, national origin, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Athens
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Athens
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Athens
- Financial Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Athens