Job Vacancy Announcement
Sr. Compensation Analyst
Full Time or Part Time
Hiring Salary Range
Commensurate with experience
Fixed Term/Tenure Track (Faculty Only)
Regular or Temporary
Job Description Summary
To provide compensation consulting and administration of college’s
base pay and performance management systems. Perform compensation
analysis, which involves gathering and analyzing external market
data and internal employee data. Conduct internal and external
research that leads to compensation recommendations on design and
policy. Provide excellent customer services to internal customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business administration,
accounting, finance, math, or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in human resources or
related field with at least three (3) years working with
compensation, HRIS, or other required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the design and
implementation of base salary and variable pay programs
- Minimum of four (4) years of analytical experience
- Intermediate or advanced level Microsoft Office applications
experience, specifically in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
CRITERIA : The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria
used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the
applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum
qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be
interviewed. Other information and observations made during the
interview process may be considered in the selection process.
Please ensure that your application and attached documents
address the criteria listed below:
- Designs, communicates, administers, and implements base pay and
recognition plans that align compensation programs with
organizational objectives and are consistent with compensation
principles and practices.
- Manages compensation department projects as assigned, including
job classification reviews, market pricing analyses for salaried
and bargaining unit positions, department pay practice audits, and
- Serves as a system administrator to Compensation Cornerstone
- Develops and delivers training programs and management tools to
facilitate the implementation of base compensation programs,
principles, and practices and performance management
- Serves as an expert resource in the development of effective
compensation and performance management strategies and their
integration with management objectives, and to other Human
Resources and Organizational Development members regarding
compensation issues and questions from line managers.
- Evaluate and classify position based on standard compensation
- Maintain and is accountable for ensuring all position
descriptions are up to date and reviewed by the manager.
- Collaborate with internal Human Resources and Organizational
Development, Financial Services, and Payroll to provide effective
compensation practices and represent the compensation function in
responding to audits or collecting human resources data.
- Understand and gather data from the Financial Accounting
- Develop and implement the program in compliance with national,
state and local laws as well as licensing and certification
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Is Background Check Required?
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30
p.m. Work schedule subject to change based on the needs of the
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written
- As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present
acceptable documentation showing your identity and that you are a
U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
Open Until Filled
Background Check Statement
Prince George’s Community College is committed to providing a safe
campus community. PGCC conducts background investigations for
applicants being considered for employment. Background
investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record
check, education verification, and when appropriate, a financial
(credit) report or driving history check.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following best describes your level of completed
education? (Education details must be included in your
- Master's Degree or above from an accredited
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college/university
- One to two years of college credit (30 credit hours is
equivalent to one year)
- Less than 30 credits from an accredited college/university
- High School Diploma or GED
- None of the above
- * Do you have at least 3 years of Compensation experience?
- * Briefly describe your experience referenced in the previous
questions. Enter N/A if you do not have experience. Do not enter
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- HigherEd Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Personal Referral
- PGCC Website
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- The Washington Post
- Other: Please indicate below
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity? If you
selected 'Other' please indicate source:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2