SENIOR STAFF ASSISTANT
Career Coach and Educator
Student Affairs, Division of
Career Services Office
Staff & Administration
If Part-Time, enter FTE:
Is this a temporary position?
If Temporary, enter End Date:
The Career Coach and Educator position provides high quality career
development assistance to students, alumni, and community members
with an emphasis on building skills that lead to successful career
and educational choices.
1. Provide individual and group career coaching appointments to
campus and campus community members.
2. Conduct presentations to campus and local community on career
development and teacher certification topics.
3. Contribute to daily delivery of Career Services functions and
activities including resume, cover letter, and graduate school
statement reviews, mock interviews, and job search coaching.
4. Serve as an office contact for teacher certification advisement,
support, and outreach for campus and local community including, but
not limited to, students, alumni, and faculty.
5. Coordinate the annual first destination survey including:
a. Collaborate with Associate Director to finalize class of 2020
survey including analyzing data and creating publication.
b. Receive training in developing processes for collecting and
analyzing data from the class of 2021 to create report.
c. Communicate with internal and external audiences on FDS data
requests and communications.
d. Monitor local and national trends in first destination standards
6. Assist with content development and editing with Career Services
digital materials as workload permits.
7. Serve as the office contact for collaborative alumni career
programming including the annual Alumni Speakers Series and Doing
Business in NYC programs.
8. Develop effective marketing materials for programming and
services for optimum student engagement.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
This position reports to the director of career services, situated
in the Career Services Office within the SUNY Cortland Division of
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, public speaking and
- Familiarity with career development, job search process and/or
- Effective technology skills including videoconferencing
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education or related field
- Familiarity with Handshake or similar employment/networking
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with
Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively
seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a
disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would
enrich the diversity of the College.
Job Close Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Special Instructions to Applicant
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)