Career Coach and Educator
Budget Title SENIOR STAFF ASSISTANT Campus Title Career Coach and Educator School/Division Student Affairs, Division of Department Career Services Office Staff Sub-Type Staff & Administration Salary Level SL3 Salary Range Low $50's Position Effort Full-Time If Part-Time, enter FTE: Is this a temporary position? If Temporary, enter End Date: Position Summary
The Career Coach and Educator position provides high quality career development assistance to students, alumni, and community members with an emphasis on building skills that lead to successful career and educational choices. Major Responsibilities
1. Provide individual and group career coaching appointments to campus and campus community members.
2. Conduct presentations to campus and local community on career development and teacher certification topics.
3. Contribute to daily delivery of Career Services functions and activities including resume, cover letter, and graduate school statement reviews, mock interviews, and job search coaching.
4. Serve as an office contact for teacher certification advisement, support, and outreach for campus and local community including, but not limited to, students, alumni, and faculty.
5. Coordinate the annual first destination survey including:
a. Collaborate with Associate Director to finalize class of 2020 survey including analyzing data and creating publication.
b. Receive training in developing processes for collecting and analyzing data from the class of 2021 to create report.
c. Communicate with internal and external audiences on FDS data requests and communications.
d. Monitor local and national trends in first destination standards and protocols.
6. Assist with content development and editing with Career Services digital materials as workload permits.
7. Serve as the office contact for collaborative alumni career programming including the annual Alumni Speakers Series and Doing Business in NYC programs.
8. Develop effective marketing materials for programming and services for optimum student engagement.
Functional and Supervisory Relationships
This position reports to the director of career services, situated in the Career Services Office within the SUNY Cortland Division of Student Affairs. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, public speaking and organizational skills
- Familiarity with career development, job search process and/or recruitment techniques
- Effective technology skills including videoconferencing
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Master’s Degree in Higher Education or related field
- Familiarity with Handshake or similar employment/networking platform(s)
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/ EEO / ADA ) employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College. Job Close Date
Posting Number S20116 Review Start Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.cortland.edu/postings/5043
Special Instructions to Applicant Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Curriculum Vita or Resume
- Cover Letter
- Professional References Contact Info. ONLY (minimum of 3)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cortland