Reports to the Director of Recreation Services. The Recreation
Programming Coordinator is responsible for wellness and intramural
programming. Will also oversee student employees and managing
marketing and social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
• Wellness and Intramural programming
• Oversee Student Employees (including Graduate Assistants)
• Marketing and Social Media
• Assist with student employment initial screenings when
• Assist with scheduling student employees at recreational
facilities – which includes overseeing the Recreation Assistants
and Lifeguards in the absence of the Director of Recreation
• Schedule all intramural games, officials, scorers and timers.
Train officials, scorers and timers.
• Promoting recreational department services
• Help enforce the rules and regulations of recreational
• Adhere to the procedures for purchasing, acquiring bids and
receiving gifts through foundations.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Recreation Service
• Assist in disciplinary actions reported or witnessed during
• Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Health & Wellness, or
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Recreational programming (i.e. Intramurals)
• Knowledge of Health & Wellness programming
• Must be able to work varied shifts 40 hours a week.
• Must be able to communicate with student employees and
• Must be willing to learn all rules, regulations, policies and
procedures concerned with the Department of Recreation
• Must have CPR, First Aid and AED Certifications (can certify if
Master’s Degree in Recreation, Health & Wellness, or related
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
• Flexible work hours
• Working weekends as needed
Hours of Work
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. most days.
Varies based on events planned.