Marketing and Communication Specialist
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Marketing and Recruitment:
- Supports the development and implementation of the UF College of Pharmacy’s marketing and student recruitment strategy, including competitive analysis, goals, objectives and tactics for fiscal year planning.
- Offers ideas and strategies that bridge web, mobile, social and digital media, to provide solutions that achieve lead generation and enrollment goals.
- Maintains and manages email campaigns through a database of prospective students, donors, alumni and out internal community. This includes the writing and creation of content, development of drip campaigns, automating where possible and otherwise utilizing all relevant features in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Assists in writing engaging and dynamic website content for academic units and student services with an emphasis on content for prospective and current students. Particular focus on web content that optimizes search engine results.
- Participates in strategic marketing and communications planning for the UF College of Pharmacy.
- Responsible for tracking return on investment for those efforts.
- Plans and executes digital initiatives, including website development, campaigns, online search, online advertising and email marketing programs.
- Works with a customer relationship management system (CRM), such as Salesforce, to establish recruitment and retention pathways to nurture prospective student relationships.
- Assists in creating content for the college’s social media platforms on a regular basis, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, to support recruitment and reputation building efforts.
- Assists in creating video content for digital platforms on a regular basis that engages and appeals to stakeholders.
- Reports campaign performance and provides analysis of results.
- Produces appropriate marketing tools, such as brochures, posters, direct mail, online and social advertisements, to influence prospective students and licensed pharmacists in their choice regarding where and what to study.
- Works with the Marketing Manager and the college’s Director of Communications to ensure clarity on overall positioning and branding of the university and effective communication of these messages through marketing tools.
- Develops strong, trusting relationships with faculty and partners, providing a proactive client partnership.
- Meets with appropriate faculty, staff and admissions offices to discuss marketing needs, priorities and share results.
- Helps develop SEO-friendly web content for a wide range of users. Includes strategic key phrases placement within compelling and persuasive marketing copy, which maximizes opportunities for indexing, ranking, click-throughs and conversions.
- Works with UF Health Web Services team to develop and manage landing pages for recruitment purposes aimed at targeting prospective students, including but not limited to, effective content for search engine optimization.
- Implements a social media and email marketing plan, using the full marketing mix, to support the professional, graduate and online education programs, as well as the continuing pharmacy education program, with a clear focus on recruitment/conversion targets.
- Evaluates competitive climate and works with digital strategists to analyze data to support marketing initiatives or tactics and evaluates the data year over year to evaluate marketing plan effectiveness. Regularly reports this data in return on investment reporting.
- Analyzes web traffic or social media traffic during marketing campaigns to track immediate results.
- Conducts ad concept testing via formal or informal surveys, focus groups or other research methods when feasible and appropriate.
- Conceptualizes, develops and produces written materials for internal and external audiences.
- Serves as project manager and copywriter for a wide variety of marketing projects, including brochures, fliers, email blasts, web content and online/social media advertising
- Must be well-versed in Associated Press (AP) Style.
- Serves as a representative with advertising agency for media, creative, development and production as necessary.
$45,000 - $55,000
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; or an associate’s degree and five years of relevant experience.
- A B.S. or B.A. in marketing, advertising, communications or related field, and three years or more marketing or digital strategy experience. Experience in higher education or student recruitment is strongly preferred.
- Project management experience and writing background, with an ability to conceptualize, develop and produce content for a variety of communication channels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Superior spelling, punctuation and grammar skills. Familiarity with Associated Press (AP) Style preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments independently, with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team toward organizational objectives.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience preferred. Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and WordPress. Familiar with social and digital media marketing. Agency and customer relationship management experience preferred.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of at least 3 professional references.
This position is not eligible for remote work.
This is a time-limited position.
The University of Florida, College of Pharmacy, strives to stimulate a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within an exceptional community of students, faculty and staff. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to developing leaders who respect, support and have a positive impact on all individuals.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge