IT Infrastructure Technician - Field Operations
IT Infrastructure Technician
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking an IT Infrastructure Technician to join Infrastructure & Communication Technology (ICT), a unit within UFIT.
Employment with UFIT provides an excellent opportunity to work with other employees dedicated and focused on understanding and interpreting the technological needs of the University of Florida’s innovative and inspirational community.
As part of ICT, you will support and maintain moderately complex network systems. As part of the Field Operations team, you will troubleshoot and resolve network and communications problems alike across campus.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
- Follow best practices for new building construction and data center updates, including wall plate equipment renewal projects.
- Configure networking equipment, including switches and hubs, as specified in the network design guide.
- Serve as technical resource for customers and peers.
About UF Information Technology
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision- making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/.
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is located in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
Diversity and inclusivity make our institution and our community better. We value the fresh ideas and unique perspectives a diverse group of people provides. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people from many backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching and learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution.
$44,700 annually. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/
An associate's degree and two years of appropriate experience or a high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
CCNA Certification or equivalent must be obtained within the first 12 months of employment.
Valid Florida driver license.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- CCNA (or equivalent) certification Knowledge of UF online documentation
- Understanding of Physical Networking principles and their application Physical network infrastructure and components
- Fiber-Optic and copper cable certification tools
To be successful in this position, the incumbent must:
- Be a self-starter with strong initiative
- Possess the ability to interact with people in an effective and courteous manner
- Be proficient in technical writing and typing
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
A valid Florida Driver’s License is required at the time of hire.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge