Assistant Professor - American Sign Language, Special Appointment
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: Mid August to Mid May
Excellent benefits, including retirement
This special appointment position is renewable annually at the discretion of the college
This position is a one-year full-time assignment responsible for providing instruction and serving as advisor to students enrolled in the American Sign Language Program each semester of the contract year.
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution required. Experience in, and knowledge of deaf culture and communities is required. Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of students, faculty, and staff from multi-cultural backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong skills in American Sign Language
• Ability to work with a diverse range of students typically found at a community college
• Ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, community and technical college system.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Ability to use a personal computer and associated peripherals and current version of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, Internet, and alternative delivery systems (e.g., internet and interactive video) at a proficient level.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and copier
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check and proof of degree if required for this position.
All application materials including resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts from Bachelor's degree, must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: July 16, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: July 30, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Speech & Hearing Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene