Supervisor, Client Services
University Code 24322 University Title Supervisor 2, Information Technology University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Supervisor, Client Services Position Number 560320 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Provide technical expertise and day to day co-supervisory oversight of SOMTech Client Services staff and its operations. Provide endpoint computing management for SOM Departments; hardware and software setup, troubleshooting and repair.
Responsible for operating system deployments, software installation and support, workstation/device security management and network support. Monitors helpdesk tickets and asset management systems to ensure timely and efficient deployment of support for the academic, administrative, business and research missions of the SOM . Coordination with other IT units within VCU and VCUHS for technical support, risk management and other needs as they arise. Ensure that IT hardware, systems and tools are in compliance with VCU, VCU Health, or other organizational policies and procedures as applicable.
Coordinate with team members on IT asset management system, inventory tracking, purchase, replacement, disposal/surplus of University equipment
Minimum Hiring Standards
• 5 years of IT supervisory experience and hands-on technical support experience required
• Demonstrated ability to effectively schedule and supervise technical positions and workload
• Demonstrated modern knowledge of endpoint computing concepts and their implementation
• Demonstrated knowledge of common business software programs including Office365, MS Office Suite, e-mail clients, and web browsers
• Demonstrated knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux based systems
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve common desktop software, hardware and communications issues
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse customer base to provide technical support, consultation, and training in computer systems operations and technology
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. for a short distance.
• Ability to perform duties independently in a timely and punctual manner.
• Ability to perform duties in a diverse work environment with frequently shifting priorities
• Proven ability to lead through influence, build consensus, and demonstrate collaboration leading to effective results
• Demonstrated commitment to and success in service and client satisfaction.
• Superior written and oral communications, supporting an ability to establish trust and create confidence.
• Must be able to translate complex technology-driven concepts into action plans and practices; to problem solve by discussing complex technical issues and developing feasible solutions and to review project proposals for compliance with information technology policies.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of constituencies in a complex academic medical center environment. Preferred Hiring Standards
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $70,000 - $75,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 07/16/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107943 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond