University Code 34061 University Title Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Research Assistant Position Number 593320 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Surgery Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Overview : Dr. Thomson, Director of Research at the Injury and Violence Prevention Program ( IVPP ) at VCU, is accepting applications for a research assistant. This position is supported by a 3-year R01 funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ( CDC ) for violence prevention research.
Description of the project: The IVPP research lab is interested in understanding the mechanisms behind violence and to develop/evaluate intervention and prevention approaches for injury and violence prevention. This includes evaluation research of interventions for firearm-related violence, intimate partner violence, youth violence, and substance use. In addition to intervention evaluation and development, For more information about IVPP, visit https://www.vcuhealth.org/services/injury-and-violence-prevention
Duties: The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting study research activities. The research assistant duties include (but are not limited to) conducting research sessions and interviews, managing the grant budget(s)/finances, supporting cohesion of administrative and research tasks, scheduling research-related meetings and training, maintaining research protocol compliance, ensuring research staff remain up to date on certifications, scheduling meetings, coordinating with participants for follow-up assessments and payments, supporting research staff in their duties, coordinating travel arrangements for research team, assisting with grant preparation, submission, and pre- and post-award management, and the preparation and management of all regulatory documentation (e.g., IRB ). Minimum Hiring Standards
- A bachelor’s degree in psychology, public health, administration or related field.
- Experience preparing reports and present scientific findings.
- Experience prioritizing, organizing and performing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Experience with community engagement for research.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to handle fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Must be organized, responsible, punctual, with ability to pay close attention to details
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and private sources for grant funds.
Experience working with victims of violence.
Ability to work in a diverse environment required Preferred Hiring Standards
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience in counseling or advocacy work for victims of violence
- Experience working administratively in a hospital environment Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $45,000 - $53,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Rotating with Nights & Weekends Job Open Date 07/16/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107970 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Surgery Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond