Senior Data Analyst
University Code 24223 University Title Data Analyst 3 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Senior Data Analyst Position Number 543620 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Financial Aid Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Senior Data Analyst will support the mission of the University by working to ensure that federal, state and institutional financial aid is delivered to students and their parents in a timely, equitable, and coherent manner. These goals are accomplished through researching, resolving, and reporting systemic technical issues that conflict with the division and department goals and Department of Education rules and procedures. The Senior Data Analyst maintains and provides support to the Financial Aid Department by:
• Building and analyzing reports in Banner, ODS, Tableau, and SAS ( VCU Reporting Center) using Oracle SQL to aid the department in efficient business practices;
• Programming, coding, and reporting data to meet federal, state, and institutional requirements;
• Sending and receiving files to the Department of Education, including the troubleshooting of files to resolve processing rejects;
• Ensuring system functionality, including the testing of system upgrades, to aid in the administration and successful delivery of student financial aid. Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in business, information systems, computer science, or related field or equivalent education and experience.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner, SQL, programming/coding, and Microsoft desktop applications and operating systems.
• Strong skills in process management and report writer language ( SAS, TOAD or similar high-level report writer).
• Strong organizational skills, ability to follow written and oral procedures with attention to detail.
• Initiative and problem-solving skills to identify, research, and solve complex IT programming and financial aid problems.
• Excellent written and oral communication, documentation, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU . Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree in business, information systems, computer science, or related field with an emphasis on computer literacy and/or certificate in information systems.
• Financial Aid operations and student services experience preferred.
• Process management and report writer language using SAS .
• Experience in installing and diagnosing PC hardware and software.
• Web skills, including HTML and Java script tools. Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range up to $60,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F 8-5 Job Open Date 07/16/2021 Posting will close on or before 08/01/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/107963 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond