Institutional Research Data Analyst
University Code 19252 University Title Project Analyst 2 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Institutional Research Data Analyst Position Number 585400 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Provost And VP Acad Affairs Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The core responsibility of the Institutional Research Analyst will be to support strategic reporting, institutional data and information needs, and regulatory reporting. This is a University Academic Professional appointment reporting to the Director Intuitional Research in the office of Institutional Research and Decision Support ( IRDS ).
The person in this position will:
• Regularly perform data extraction, manipulation, analysis, and interpretation of findings/results to prepare institutional responses to external and internal inquiries (“ad hoc” requests) on a wide range of subjects – e.g. student admissions and enrollment information, student persistence and success (retention and graduation), student financial aid need analysis, personnel planning including recruitment retention as well as attrition, compensation studies.
• Respond to federal and state reporting and to guidebook surveys, national rankings and national studies by preparing accurate and timely reports and/or data files.
• Provide institutional research data to academic units and programs as well as administrative constituencies throughout the institution.
• Collaborate on projects within IRDS along with other stakeholders at VCU .
• Provide support with survey design, analysis and presentations.
• Seek and participate in continuing learning opportunities, including topics such as SAS programming, data subject domain knowledge and understanding, expanding data topics, and University-level initiatives and information delivery efforts. Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelors required with a major in statistics, mathematics, economics, sociology, computer science or other quantitative social sciences discipline.
- 2-3 years experience working in Higher Education preferably in an Institutional Research Office.
- Experience in extracting, analyzing, and interpreting data from variety of sources (information systems).
- Ability to draw conclusions and communicate data findings; applying statistical principles and methods to meet a range of information requirements; gathering and analyzing data and generating statistical reports
- Experience (2-3 years) with statistical software tools/packages such as SAS
- (preferred), SPSS, R etc. to produce high quality analysis.
- Demonstrated computer skills including knowledge and familiarity with spreadsheets, programming languages, relational databases and SQL .
- Extensive survey design and ability to analyze the results to help support research questions and presentations.
- Familiarity with higher education data domains (e.g. admissions, enrollment, financial aid, employee, finance, development, sponsored research) in a university setting.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to take initiative when working independently and yet work effectively in a team environment with people who have a diverse array of experiences and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Masters degree preferred or the equivalent in training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree.
• Hands on experience with Data Visualization and Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau, Power BI, SASVA
• Ellucian/Banner experience.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $60,000 - $65,000 Application Process/Additional Information
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, this position will not be able to provide funding for employment sponsorship.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 07/18/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled No Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/108004 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a bachelors degree with a major in statistics,
mathematics, economics, sociology, computer science or other
quantitative social sciences discipline?
- * How many years of higher education do you have?
- Less than 2 years
- 2-4 years
- More than 4 years
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application