Graduate Administrative Assistant
Job Title Graduate Administrative Assistant Posting Number S972P Classification Title
On behalf of College of Nursing ( CON ) Dean, and Department Chairs, compiles and maintains administrative and clerical work of California Baptist University College of Nursing. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as the Administrative Assistant to the Graduate College of Nursing.
2. Provides support to the Department Chair and Directors.
3. Maintains and schedule appointments for Department Chair and Directors.
4. Provides information and assistance to inquiries, applicants and students.
5. Provides coverage for the receptionist when needed.
6. Updates all handbooks for the College of Nursing (Pre-License, Graduate, DNP, and Faculty) as needed and distributes to students, faculty, and staff.
7. Coordinates hooding ceremonies.
8. Coordinate with constituents to schedule meetings with students and screen applicants for scholarship opportunities.
9. Assist with developing scholarship/grant/loan opportunities for students.
10. Create and maintain graduate course scheduling worksheets..
11. Update preceptor packets for each concentration each semester.
12. Update/maintain Typhon
13. Assist students on preceptor paperwork.
14. Assist advanced practice students with Board of Registered Nursing paperwork.
15. Supervise and coordinate tasks for the graduate student workers.
16. Attend graduate faculty meetings and provide minutes
17. Organize DNP luncheons, information meetings, and any other events related to Graduate Nursing.
18. Maintain inventory of and distribute Preceptor gifts.
19. Presents a positive supportive image of the College of Nursing, California Baptist University, and Christian Higher Education . Supervisory Responsibilities
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments. Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
§ Ability to communicate accurately and effectively orally and in writing.
§ Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
§ Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in work.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
§ Ability to demonstrate excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
§ Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to represent the College of Nursing in a positive manner to others in public and at CBU . Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of Nursing and experience.
Open Date 07/16/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6636 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Health & Medicine Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Nursing Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside