One Stop-Student Service Advisor
Responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with
individual students that promote student satisfaction and
retention. The SSA meets the non-classroom support needs of
students by providing direct solutions to student problems, where
possible, and by acting as a relationship manager to ensure that
others provide effective solutions when it is not within the SSA’s
scope. The SSA is the student’s principal, if not exclusive, point
of contact in the institution, and as such, is responsible for
addressing student issues and complaints as they arise, serving as
a student liaison with other functional areas of the organization,
and establishing University practices that contribute to student
satisfaction and retention. SSA’s work as part of a retention team
under the direct supervision of the Director of Advising and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop and build relationships with students through remote
media and efficiently assess or diagnose student needs.
2. Manage and track relationships with students.
3. Other than members of the faculty, the SSA will serve as the
University’s primary point of contact with the student. Wherever
possible, other functional areas (e.g., registrar, general
university communications) will be mediated by the SSA .
4. Serve as the primary contributor to the University’s knowledge
base concerning student needs, and recommend updates and/or changes
to programs and processes as needed.
5. Responsible for maintaining communication to students via all
6. Manage outbound email activity including number and nature of
interactions with students in case load: (a) number of emails sent,
(b) outbound campaign completion, © response time and queue
7. Manage outbound phone activity including number and nature of
interactions with students in case load: (a) number of calls made,
(b) number of conversations held, and © outbound campaign
completion, (d) response time and queue size.
8. Manage fulfillment including successful completion of
fulfillment campaigns or events as determined by the retention
9. Responsible for meeting retention goals including percentage of
active student case load that is retained: (a) term-to-term, (b)
from first to second term, and © to graduation.
10. Responsible for curriculum planning accuracy in advising
students of a comprehensive and effective academic advising
11. Perform to target levels in observed interactions with students
on accuracy of information and expectations imparted.
12. Manage student stop-out activity to target levels.
13. Scores at or above target levels in student satisfaction
14. Ensure accuracy and quality of database entries pertaining to
key learner characteristics, advising criteria, and dropout and
15. Assist with projects and events as requested.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Knowledge, with success in working with students, clients or
customers in a service-oriented environment is required.
§ Ability to maintain detailed and consistent student records on an
§ Ability to build rapport with students through remote media.
In-person interactions may occur but are not a key part of this
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
§ Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
§ Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
§ Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, one to two
years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Experience as an academic
advisor in a higher education setting is desirable
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Other Document
- Other Document 2