Administrative Assistant III - Center for the Study of Public Life (.75 FTE)
Posting date: July 18, 2021
Reporting to the Allbritton Center Director, the administrative assistant will provide support to the director and programs that fall under the auspices of the Center.
- Serve as building steward: maintain key inventory, maintain faculty/staff listservs, distribute keys, update building directories, maintain bulletin boards and general office supplies, oversee 3rd floor kitchen, manage printers/copiers, and process work orders as needed.
Center for the Study of Public Life
- Provide support for Faculty Initiatives (including the University Lectures series, Collaborative Projects and Research Networks). Work with department administrative assistants to create smartkeys and transfer of funds for Faculty Initiatives Grants, co-sponsored events.
- Provide support for Davenport student grants and distribution of funds.
- Manage/reconcile departmental budgets; process payroll, A/P vouchers, travel reimbursements and other financial transactions.
- Coordinate the logistics for the Center events (e.g. speakers, exhibitions, talks, including the E202X Initiative and Hugo Black events) to include scheduling, publicity, room reservations, travel, catering arrangements and webinar support as needed.
- Coordinate travel accommodations and transportation for Director and guests.
- Provide support for the searches that the CSPL undertakes, including the scheduling of campus visits as needed, the Koeppel Fellow, and similar initiatives.
- Provide support in compiling course offerings, updating Academic Catalog and managing on-line information for CSPL Minors in Civic Engagement and Human Rights Advocacy, using Course Leaf and the Curriculum Development System; liaison with departmental staff to manage crosslistings.
- Support CSPL and CSPL -housed courses (including the Collaborative Cluster Initiative), the Civic Engagement Certificate, and similar initiatives.
- Provide occasional support for the Center for Community Partnerships, the Service Learning Center, Office of Sustainability, and the Patricelli Center for Social Entrepreneurship when needed. This includes website management, surveys, event planning, payroll (Workforce) backup approver, financial management).
- Maintain website.
- Manage webinars and other technology as needed.
This is a .75 FTE position that is in the Secretary/Clerical bargaining unit. The position works 1365 hrs per year, and the current schedule is 32 hrs per week for 40 weeks during the academic year with 2 weeks off in January and 2 weeks off in March and a reduced schedule in June and July.
Associate Degree and two years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Demonstrated attention to detail.
Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook.
Previous experience with database management applications.
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks.
Effective communications skills.
Previous budget management experience.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening hours as needed. Demonstrated commitment to working within a diverse environment and collaborating with individuals of different backgrounds.
Previous experience in an academic setting.
Experience with social media.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Application close date is July 31, 2021
Any and all offers to external applicants for an administrative assistant or union position are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening and computer skills assessment to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Middletown