Human Resources Benefits and Compliance Manager
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The HR Benefits and Compliance Manager (MBC) supports learning through general oversight and coordination of the university's human resources functional areas of benefits and leave administration, workers compensation, employee relations, compliance, and human resources information systems (HRIS). The MBC provides oversight and assistance to the Human Resources Coordinator position and is responsible for assisting the Senior Director of Human Resources (SDHR) with the development and implementation of new policies, services, and programs to meet the needs of the campus community. This position acts as back-up to the Senior Director of Human Resources.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Professional HR certification desired.
- At least five years related experience with at least three years in an HR leadership role. Experience in higher education or not for profit settings is strongly preferred.
- Strong HR generalist knowledge with understanding of employment, benefits, leave administration, payroll, workers compensation, employee relations, and other HR functions.
- Ability to process and explain complex legal and technical concepts.
- Excellent computer skills; knowledge of report writing software preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Ability to spend long periods of time at a computer work station.
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Minor lifting requirements, such as files or copy paper boxes as needed.
- Ability to use general office equipment.
- Ability to interact in person, via electronic media, and on the telephone.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora