Visiting Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry
Job Title Visiting Assistant Professor of Organic Chemistry Rank Assistant/Associate Professor Classification Title Tenure Track Position Summary
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing instruction at both the undergraduate and graduate level involving undergraduate and Master level students. Faculty will be expected to serve as student mentors and advisors in keeping with the university’s mission. This position is for a one year term appointment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare and teach, as assigned, selected courses within the chemistry program to undergraduate and graduate students (normal teaching load of 24 credit hours per academic year);
• Hold office hours as required;
• Advise and mentor both undergraduate and graduate students on matters within the chemistry discipline and related areas;
• Supervise and manage students and/or technicians in laboratory preparation assignments and instrumentation maintenance;
• Maintain regular attendance on campus;
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Education: Ph.D. in Chemistry ( ABD will be considered) with undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications Education: Post-Doctoral experience.
Experience: Preparing, running, instructing, and overseeing classroom presentations in undergraduate and graduate areas of chemistry including
organic chemistry lecture and laboratory and general chemistry lecture and laboratory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Be knowledgeable in chemistry and especially organic chemistry with knowledge of instrumentation calibration, operation, and maintenance;
• Show skill and expertise in the classroom and laboratory;
• Possess and exhibit the ability to…
o incorporate technologies and/or strategies to enhance pedagogy;
o work effectively with a culturally diverse student body;
o develop effective methodology for the integration of teaching and research;
o demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills;
o teach both undergraduate and graduate-level courses, both lecture and laboratory;
Work Location Las Vegas, NM Campus
Posting Number F225P Posting Open Date 06/19/2019 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Special Instructions to Applicant A complete application must include 1) A letter of application, 2) a Curriculum vitae, 3) Unofficial copies of advanced degree transcripts. An online application must include names, phone numbers, and e‐mail addresses of three (3) professional references. For more detailed information regarding the position you may contact: Dr. Tatiana Timofeeva at firstname.lastname@example.org. For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or TDD 505-454-3003. New Mexico Highlands University is an EEO Employer.
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6655 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Will you have a Ph.D. in hand by the date of appointment or
an advanced ABD by the date of the appointment?
- Please describe in detail how your background and experience
would be applicable for this position in a College/University
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Teaching Philosophy
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Samples of Syllabus