Fitness Coordinator - (STA007775)
Coordinates personal and small group training, Fit4Hire programs, personal training and group fitness instructor certification courses, and other fitness programs and events. Provide assistance with program development and planning.
- Assist with the day to day activities and operations of the Fitness Zone floor, consults with and responds to participant questions and concerns; monitors inventory and maintains functional fitness equipment and makes recommendation for replacements.
- Assists with recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of fitness attendants, trainers, and program assistants; coordinates staff training, in-services and personal training orientation/consultation training.
- Coordinate, implement and instruct fitness training programs and activities including coordination of personal and small group training, Fit4Hire programs, client assignments, and data management.
- Ensures effective development of personal trainers for program quality and client experience; may conduct personal training sessions, instruct group fitness classes, group training programs, and other fitness services; may fill in for instructors when needed.
- Implements Instructor training programs to provide staff with standardized policies and procedures, and assist with risk management to ensure compliance with university policy and procedures as well as industry standards; assist with development of employee manuals, participates in coordination of certification or continuing education courses with national or local organizations.
- Collaborates with department training and development committee to create and promote professional development opportunities for staff.
- May provide input in budget management including revenue generation, equipment inventory and purchases; maintain inventory system for all program equipment, and provide annual and semi-annual reports.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree and 1 year experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: 1723919
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston