Assists the Executive Director of Enrollment Services Communication
and Marketing (ESCM) in the management of both internal and
external communication and marketing programs. Plans, develops, and
executes marketing research activities and provides supervisory
leadership and support to other ESCM staff.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan for departments within
Enrollment Services, to include market research, communications,
and special events programs.
- Develops and coordinates departmental services and procedures
related to the integrate delivery of communication and marketing
for Enrollment Services.
- Oversees various integrated print and digital campaigns from
inception to production, including full project management which
encompasses style, design, content, and calls to action to achieve
- Directs activities and supervises a team of communication and
marketing staff and sets priorities. Trains staff on guidelines,
policies, procedures and general departmental functions.
- Oversees and implements the customer relationship management
system functionality for Enrollment Services, specifically the
marketing-related modules such as campaigns, communication plans
- Ensures timely and efficient delivery of services; oversees
- Interprets and predicts audience trends, develops proposals,
analyzes various analytics and conducts assessment; uses the data
to seek improvement across Enrollment Services and refine marketing
- Provides expertise and guidance to Enrollment Services
departments with regard to market research methodology, analytic
techniques, and interpretation of findings.
- Contributes to departmental strategy formulation and planning;
creates and anticipates opportunities that will benefit Enrollment
- Participates on the Enrollment Services Management Team.
Provides oversight to the department in the absence of the
Executive Director. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years experience.
Requires application of advance principles, techniques and theory
in a professional discipline or a thorough general business
management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained
through a formal, directly job-related Bachelor's degree or an
equivalent in-depth formal training in a recognized field of
specialization that is directly related to the type of work being
Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related
Notes to Applicant: