Secretary II - (STA007766)
Provides secretarial support to staff managers and/or faculty. May lead the work of clerical support personnel and/or work study students.
- Composes or creates a variety of documents, such as memoranda, letters, charts, newsletters, tables and other complex documents using word processing, spreadsheets, and desktop publishing software.
- Prepares agenda for meeting, schedules meetings, records and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Handles travel arrangements for supervisor and other office personnel.
- Orders supplies and arranges for repair of equipment. Maintains inventory.
- Screens and directs callers and visitors. Takes and forwards telephone messages.
- May generate monthly usage reports for xerox copies, postage and long distance calls.
- Organizes and maintains manual and/or computerized filing system.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Position will be located at UH at Sugar Land. 14004 University Blvd, Sugar Land, TX 77479 in Brazos Hall.
High school and 3 years experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: Position will be located at UH at Sugar Land. 14004 University Blvd, Sugar Land, TX 77479 in Brazos Hall.