Associate Director of Undergrad Research - (STA007742)
The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) facilitates mentored research opportunities, for the entire University of Houston undergraduate population. The Associate Director, OUR, directs the day-to-day operations; develops, coordinates, and assesses the Office of Undergraduate Research�s programs, and advises on undergraduate research for UH students and faculty members.
- Manage, assess, and enhance OUR programs. Administer the daily operations of the office; oversees the budget and participates in recruitment and the development of the annual budget.
- Manage student records associated with the OUR.
- Establish and coordinate new and/or existing programs, events, and initiatives to include the annual Undergraduate Research Day.
- Promote the OUR and its programs and initiatives through outreach, speaking engagements, and informational seminars.
- Collaborate with the Communications department to develop effective communication strategies and marketing materials.
- Develop and maintain a suite of competitive internal, and external undergraduate research opportunities for UH undergraduate students.
- Serve as a resource and advocate for undergraduate researchers, as well as a conduit to other relevant student support resources.
- Build and foster professional and collaborative relationships with students, faculty, and staff across the University and within the greater Houston area.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Education is in lieu of experience.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Education - Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience - Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston