Director of Fitness Center/Head Coach of Strength and Conditioning (July 2021)
The Department of Physical Education and Athletics invites applications for the position of Director of Fitness Center/Head Coach of Strength and Conditioning. The position is a full-time, 12-month non-tenure track faculty position reporting to the Associate Director of Athletics. The duties include all aspects of directing a 13,000 square foot fitness center. In addition, the director will teach in the physical education program and oversee the strength training programs for 24 varsity sports.
- Supervision of the Fitness Center to include training, scheduling and management of student-workers
- Oversight of Fitness Center budget to include maintenance of strength training equipment
- Develop and schedule strength and conditioning orientations and workouts with all head coaches and individual students of each team during traditional and non-traditional seasons
- Develop summer workout and conditioning programs for each program in conjunction with the sport coaching staff
- Upkeep and maintenance of records on strength programs for each team and specific individual workouts of each student
- Other duties as assigned
Washington and Lee University is a highly selective, independent, co-educational, liberal arts college of approximately 1820 undergraduate and 400 law students and located in Lexington, VA, three hours southwest of Washington, DC. W&L is consistently ranked among the top 12 national liberal arts colleges.
Washington and Lee University promotes a dynamic and inclusive environment that allows students and employees of multiple backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives to learn, work, and thrive together. Successful candidates will contribute to that environment and exhibit potential for excellence in teaching and for vigorous scholarship. In keeping with the University Strategic Plan, we welcome applications from underrepresented minority candidates and members of other communities that are traditionally underrepresented in academia.
Bachelor's degree in Exercise Science or closely related field is required. Experience in managing a university fitness facility is preferred. Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strength and conditioning programs. Good interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate should have CSCS certification from the NSCA and must be certified in First Aid and CPR.
The university requires employees to become fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and new employees must provide proof of at least their first shot prior to the first day of employment. Individuals may seek a medical or a religious exemption to the vaccination requirement.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Priority will be given to those applications received by July 28, 2021.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit:
- A cover letter
- Three references (with phone numbers and email addresses)
All material should be submitted via Interfolio at: apply.interfolio.com/90291
Washington and Lee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we are interested in candidates who are committed to high standards of scholarship, performance and professionalism and to the development of a campus climate that supports equality and diversity in our faculty, staff and student body. Job description requirements are representative, but not all‐inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
Washington and Lee affirms that diverse perspectives and backgrounds enhance our community. We are committed to the recruitment, enrichment, and retention of students, faculty, and staff who embody many experiences, cultures, points of view, interests, and identities. As engaged citizens in a global and diverse society, we seek to advance a positive learning and working environment for all through open and substantive dialogue.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Lexington
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Lexington
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Lexington
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lexington
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lexington