Student Information Systems - DBA
Schedule Information: M - F; 8:30am - 4:30pm
Hours per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability; Sick, Vacation & Holiday Pay; Personal Business; Harper Tuition Waiver; and Professional Expense
Work Conditions: Work is primarily indoors and sedentary in nature. Some evenings and weekends required.
Duties of Position: Responsible for administration, management and support of the Banner ERP application and related database system components. Responsible for performing all analytical tasks necessary for system support, development, maintenance, and enhancement of existing Banner environment.
Develops policies and procedures related to the support and maintenance of the database systems and the Student Information System.
Manages installation, configuration and upgrade of Oracle-based server software, Student Information System application and related products
Responsible for researching, testing and installing database and Banner application patches
Manages and monitors all Oracle database and Student Information System application environments (production, test, and development)
Helps troubleshoot End user issues and/or any performance issue in Oracle database or Banner application
Develops project estimates and project schedules and submits project status reports.
Responsible, in cooperation with server administrators, for the overall uptime of the system, ensuring that each system is accessible to end-users as is documented in its SLA.
Manages O/S patches and performance issues on the db servers, in cooperation with server administration team.
Maintains application level capacity planning (i.e. disk, Load factors and storage requirements).
Manages code deployment to production, development, and test environments.
Work with the Infrastructure team to thoroughly implement and test enterprise backup and recovery solution, including Disaster Recovery initiatives.
Mentor and train other DBAs, and application programming staff.
Assist in the management of security and roles.
Performs related technical duties as assigned.
Provides necessary technical support, training, guidance and consultation for IT staff.
Write all necessary system, user and operations documentation.
Develops and gives presentations to communicate technical concepts to user staff and occasionally management.
Works closely with other IT groups to coordinate hardware and operating system requirements (including storage management) with DB needs, including optimizing and tuning the Unix and Linux operating system parameters for Oracle.
Keeps current with software industry developments related to Apps environment
Makes recommendations for continued improvements and provides technological solutions for system functionality and efficiency.
This position requires on-call duties after hours on a regular basis from a problem-solving perspective as well as installing new systems or upgrades during off-hours, so as to minimize the impact on end-users use of their systems.
May perform in a team leader capacity on various projects.
Works closely with developers.
Performs related duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Banner ERP – Student Module 2+ Years
- Oracle RDBMS 11g / 12c 4+ Years
- Oracle DataGuard 11g / 12c 3+ Years
- Oracle Application Server (OAS)10g 3+ Years
- Oracle Web Logic (WLS)11g 3+ Years
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 11g/12c 3+ Years
- Oracle SQL/SQL*Plus and PL/SQL 4+ Years
- UNIX scripting or similar (Perl, awk, sed) 3+ Years
- Ellucian Luminis Platform 2+ Years
- Operational Data Store
- (ODS)Real Application Clusters
- (RAC)UNIX System Administration (LINUX)
- Oracle DBA Certified Professional (OCP)
- Cognos Reporting Suite
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: July 29, 2021
Requir ed Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: July 16, 2021 Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates