A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health
(ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking applications for an Education Specialist on
the Mesa, Arizona campus. The Education Specialist position
primarily supports the Associate Director of Education
administratively with the implementation of D1-D4 curriculum. This
position also administratively supports the Associate Dean for
Academic Assessment, the Associate Dean for Preclinical Education
& Simulation Clinic Operations, and the Director of Faculty
Development, Accreditation, & Continuing Education.
This is an hourly position with a pay rate starting at
- Curriculum Coordination and Faculty Relations
- Coordinates outreach to faculty regarding the provision of
module lectures, assessments, and other relevant materials as
assigned. Post course materials and/or provide direction for
faculty attempting to utilize the Student Curriculum Drive.
- Coordinates faculty access/faculty request to access Student
Curriculum Drive or Canvas courses.
- Responsible for confirming and/or reminding faculty of
approaching module instruction dates and providing them an updated
copy of the appropriate class roster and class composites.
- Coordinates the scheduling and timely release of D1-D4
End-of-Module Surveys and Sim-Clinic Faculty evaluations in
- Provides support to the Associate Director of Education and
Education Specialist to ensure module lectures, assessments, and
other relevant materials are accessible to students via the Student
Curriculum Drive, and/or G-Drive.
- Assessment Administration and Viewing
- Proctors the administration of D1-D4 didactic assessments,
make-up assessments, and remediation/retake assessments in
Flagstaff, JJLC, or Sim Clinic as assigned.
- Proctors D1-D4 class exam viewing sessions and individual
student viewing sessions as assigned.
- Ensures the integrity and security of assessment content is
maintained by monitoring student behavior during the assessment
administration process; Tracks virtual assessment completion and
- Problem solves/troubleshoots individual student technical
issues encountered during the administration of didactic
- Student Success Records Management and Maintenance
- Tracks student absence requests and Approved/Denied status in
an efficient and effective manner. Generates reports regarding
student absences as requested.
- Take and track student attendance when proctoring major
assessments, during mandatory modules/student events, and for
assigned virtual Zoom sessions in an efficient and effective
manner. Generate reports regarding student attendance as
- Coordinates the scheduling and logistical implementation of
ASDOHs D1/D2 Student Success Committee meetings and Academic
Progress Committee (APC) meetings.
- Coordinates meeting scheduling, prepare agendas, take and keep
accurate minutes for all related committee meetings and student
meetings, including D1/D2 Student Success, Academic Progress,
Portfolio/Reflection Project, and Strategic Planning.
- Manage and organize student academic status reporting and other
student success initiatives (e.g. IEPs, Professionalism forms) in
an efficient and effective manner. Generates reports and/or student
correspondence regarding student academic status updates as
requested and as needed.
- Responds appropriately and in a timely manner to student
inquiries regarding their academic status, the student distinction
process, or interaction with the Student Success and/or APC
- Manage student residency applications and PASS/MATCH processes,
including coordinating annual D3 PASS presentation webinar and
preparation of all required documentation for the Dean and the
Associate Dean for Academic Assessment regarding student letters of
recommendation and related forms.
- Coordinate the scheduling/rescheduling of D4 Student Exit
Interviews with Administration.
- Be physically accessible to students and respond appropriately
to in-person inquiries.
- Administrative Support
- Administer and track the completion of D4 Graduation Survey, D4
Graduation Checklist, and all other miscellaneous student/program
related surveys /reports (e.g., CODA, DAT GPA Admission surveys) in
an efficient and timely manner. Generate reports/data summary
results as needed.
- Coordinate the entry of curriculum mapping data into TaskStream
and survey data into the appropriate IMAP Shared Drive folder in an
efficient and timely manner. Generate reports/status updates and
attend all relevant meetings/training as needed.
- Maintains open communication with the appropriate Assessment
and Accreditation personnel as it relates to TaskStream/IMAP
- Write accurate, detailed communication, including memorandums,
letters and reports.
- Work with Student Affairs in assisting student, including,
interpreting policies, procedures, and completing forms.
- Work with the Office of Enrollment Services in assisting
students, including gathering and sharing data, and garnering input
on processes and policies.
- Perform all other duties/tasks as assigned.
- Organizational skills
- Writing skills
- Communication skills
- Proof reading skills
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. and
- Independent thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to deescalate in a conflict or confrontation
- Mature and professional people skills to work effectively with
students, faculty and staff