Senior Assistant Director, Office of Alumni and Family Engagement
Senior Assistant Director, Office of Alumni and Family Engagement
Job Description Summary
Develops and supports the engagement and philanthropic engagement of Bentley University's students and FOLD (Falcons of the Last Decade), our youngest alumni population, both uniquely to meet their needs and incorporating them in the activities planned and executed by the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement. Manages, develops and executes Falcon Weekend (Homecoming & Family Weekend), which includes overseeing all communications, event logistics and recording and maintaining of yearly records for assessment and review.
- Falcons of the Last Decade (FOLD) - Create and execute a comprehensive recent alumni engagement, programming, fundraising and marketing strategy (in partnership with Annual Giving and Advancement Communications) to demonstrate this segment as a critical component of the institution's philanthropic efforts. Establish a pipeline of engaged young alumni (1 - 10 years out) through collaborative with faculty, divisional and departmental relationships, and current student. Build and steward a cohort of deeply engaged volunteers through the FOLD board. (25%)
- Undergraduate Engagement and Philanthropy - Develop a comprehensive plan to build and grown an engagement and philanthropic culture among the student community of its importance with strategic oversight from the Director. Identify and implement ways to infuse the alumni experience, resources and networks in the UG student experience throughout all 4 years. Manage the Senior Class Gift campaign from the recruitment of a diverse and representative student committee, educating the committee, creating strategy for year-long campaign and executing a campaign striving for 60 - 80% participation from the class. (25%)
- Falcon Weekend Program - Develops, manages, and creates the vision for and executes the annual Falcon Weekend program (communications, events, campus partners, vendors, volunteers) in coordination with the annual giving strategies, campus priorities and in close collaboration with the Director. Assemble a committee of cross-campus partners to meet the collective needs of all audiences and schedule regular meetings. Develop interesting and relevant content for both alumni and parents, which includes securing entertainment, speakers, panelists and faculty. Develop programming that speaks to a diverse audience of attendees from athletic supporters to family members visiting their current student to alumni with their young families. Responsible for monitoring/measuring the success of Falcon Weekend with metrics and benchmarking. Plan the 1 Year Reunion and Homecoming festivities for our alumni constituents. (25%)
- Volunteer Management - Organize, oversee and execute the “Ask A Falcon” social media campaign by seeking and highlighting exciting alumni as career experts posted on LinkedIn to showcase Bentley alumni and introduce a new one-off volunteer opportunity. Execute 6+ “Alumni in Residence” sessions per academic term to offer an opportunity for alumni to network with current students (both graduate and undergraduate) representing diversity in gender, race, background and industry, etc. (25%)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years related experience with prior experience in Advancement, preferably at the college or university level.
- Must be customer service oriented and have exceptional attention to detail.
- Analytical aptitude and facility with computer systems and databases.
- Solid writing ability and organization skills.
- Ability to complete projects on time and on budget, and report on status and progress.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work outside of regular business hours when necessary
- Experience working with and managing volunteers.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to deal with the public with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to adhere strictly to rules regarding confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple projects with high attention to organization and detail
- Demonstrated ability to attain goals set forth
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker
- Diplomatic management of sensitive situations
- Experience in Alumni Relations/Higher Education or in the not-for-profit world with significant work with high level volunteers and experience producing and managing programming content and collaterals.
- Demonstrated technical literacy with Anthology (formerly iModules) and ability learning, mastering, and communicating about system functionalities with volunteers and improving processes for training and support.
- Experience managing programs independently, making process improvements, and reimagining volunteer training programs and opportunities.
- Ability to produce and manage events, including exhibiting poise and leadership under stress and fast paced environment with fluid and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and proactively seek guidance and input from multiple project managers to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative and collegial approach to working with teams; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions and communications with others.
- Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
- Ability to travel within and outside of campus for work related events and duties; travel may occur outside of normal business hours including nights and weekends
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in North Waltham
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in North Waltham
- Development & Advancement Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in North Waltham
- Alumni Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in North Waltham