This position will remain open until
Responsible for the coordination of recruitment efforts for a
specific geographic territory which includes representing the
University at high school visits, college day/night programs and
college fairs; conducting follow up activities designed to enhance
student's interest in DePauw; and determining admission decisions
for applicants from this recruitment territory. Additional
responsibilities that relate to the organization and efforts of the
office will be assigned based on office needs and individual’s
skills and experience.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Manage an assigned geographic territory, including contacting
prospective and accepted students and traveling, eight to ten
weeks, to selected geographic areas. Recruitment travel includes
event scheduling, attendance and follow up data entry of prospects
and event notes. Some recruitment events are virtual.
- Recruit diverse and academically talented students while
serving as the University liaison for prospective students from
initial inquiry to enrolled status.
- Understand and be prepared to clearly articulate DePauw
University’s mission, benefits, key features of all academic
programs, campus life opportunities, campus amenities, and any
other key points of interest to prospective students, their
families, and/or their college search counselors or
- Understand and be prepared to clearly respond to basic
questions or concerns regarding financial aid.
- Interview prospective students to enhance their level of
interest in the University and to evaluate their academic readiness
for the rigors of a DePauw education.
- Evaluate application credentials from assigned territory and
recommend admission decisions; serve as an active participant on
the Admission Committee.
- Evaluate application credentials for an assigned group of
international students, recommending admission decisions and
scholarship awards to the Assistant Vice President for
- Complete all necessary follow-up activities designed to enhance
an applicant's interest in DePauw.
- Coordinate follow-up activities with prospective students and
their parents, school counselors and alumni to meet enrollment
- Develop and cultivate relationships with school counselors,
independent counselors, and representatives of community-based
- Maintain accurate reports and gauge the effectiveness of
- Participate as assigned on the Counselor of the Day rotation,
ensuring that all campus visitors are properly greeted, given an
admission presentation and tour, and that their needs, questions,
and concerns while on campus are all appropriately and thoroughly
- Attend all on-campus events throughout the year.
- Responsible for executing specific project work outside of
territory management. Project work could include supervisor of
student workers, assisting the associate director with
e-communication in Slate, coordinating scholarship programming
efforts, and/or assisting Director of Visit Experience and Event
Coordinator with the visit experience.
- Participate in workshops, retreats, seminars, and presentations
in order to enhance professional growth and development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and
understand the comments and questions of others.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
- Creative - Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new
concept or idea.
- Diversity Oriented - Commitment to valuing a variety of
different experiences, encouraging input and collaboration from
campus stakeholders, including being mindful of experiences
related, but not limited to: age, gender, race, ethnicity,
religion, socio-economic status, LGBTQ, and/or job type.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of
personalities and individuals.
- Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in
university admission and recruitment required.
Experience using a complex admission CRM, preferably
Technolutions Slate; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and
Power Point, including a solid understanding of working with
spreadsheets and shared calendar systems.
Communication/Language: Intermediate: Ability
to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract,
multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates & Licenses
Must possess a valid driver's license, be willing to travel
outside of the immediate area and work after regular office hours,
including weekends and evenings as needed.
- The successful candidate must be committed to the values
associated with a nationally respected liberal arts, residential
university, including those related to diversity, equity, and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including
written and oral skills are required, as is ease in speaking with
students, parents, alumni, and counselors.
- Proven organizational and multitasking skills, maintain
deadlines, set priorities, creativity, initiative, a high degree of
energy, and the ability to work as a team member in an enrollment
management setting are all required.
- Candidates must be comfortable traveling alone, possessing the
ability to navigate from location to location in unknown
environments, and the flexibility and problem-solving skills to
successfully navigate challenges.
- Strong understanding of the admission cycle and contemporary
practices in college student marketing and recruitment.
- Experience in data-driven planning and budgeting.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.