Student Support Supervisor
Student Support Supervisor
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,300 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
Job Summary The Student Support Supervisor will provide supervision and guidance to a Student Support Specialist team that supports students and stakeholders across Susquehanna University. This position requires a background in supervisory responsibilities and experience in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that delivers high-quality, student center customer service through multiple modalities. The Supervisor will work collaboratively in a team environment to design, enact and continuously improve upon interconnected work standards, processes and procedures. Specific Responsibilities
- Manage, administer, direct and lead operational activities for the student support Hub.
- Ensure Student Support Specialists are cross-trained and kept abreast of all policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with staff, faculty and students to identify and understand student service issues, customer needs, and other best practices to ensure efficiency and professional delivery of service.
- Monitor ongoing communication between Student Support Specialists and students, parents, and staff while maintaining a high-level customer satisfaction.
- Identify inefficiencies to promote operational excellence and coordinate process improvements of service to students and the university community.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all Susquehanna University constituents including students, internal staff and faculty, external stakeholders, parents, and all parties in contact with the university.
- Liaise with home offices in support of front-line issues and troubleshooting.
- Manage the student cases in the Hub to ensure timely triage, escalation, resolution and processing of incoming cases.
- Provides training for Student Support Specialists and serve as a tier III support for student issues.
- Participate in professional development and training
opportunities to stay abreast of regulations, best practices, and
Knowledge, Skills, AbilitiesAbility to set priorities and advocate team concepts; work collaboratively with faculty and staff; Ability to lead continuous process improvement efforts successfully, including across multiple departments or disciplines; Knowledge of technology and how it can support innovation and change management; Skilled at written and verbal communication in order to convey information effectively and as appropriate for the needs of the audience; Ability to build relationships across departments; Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; Knowledge of English language including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar; Skilled at active listening in order to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions appropriately, and not interrupting at inappropriate times; Ability to manage the demands of simultaneous tasks and shift project focus while ensuring successful and timely completion of duties; Demonstrated technical skills utilizing a range of information databases. EducationBachelor’s degree required.
ExperienceFive years of customer service experience required. Experience working in a university setting, particularly student services, preferred. Physical DemandPosition requires the ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to move about the campus. Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction. Position requires occasional manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle, and reach. Position requires occasional stooping, crouching and bending. Position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds. Working conditions are primarily indoor, with some outdoor work required.
ExperienceExperience working in a university setting, particularly student services, preferred.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Number of Months: 12 months
Other Number of Months:
Work Schedule/Hours per Week:
Posting Date: 07/12/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Anticipated Start Date:
Posting Number: AH00762
To apply, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/2379