Assistant/Associate Professor - Research Librarian
Tenure - Track
Adelphi University Libraries at Adelphi University seeks a
librarian to join our Research and Instruction services team, to
strengthen support of faculty, students, and staff on matters
pertaining to their scholarly and research endeavors in the basic
science and/or clinical research setting. This position will serve
as a liaison to the College of Nursing and Public Health. Early
career librarians are encouraged to apply.
Dean of Libraries
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Works with a wide range of campus stakeholders to increase
awareness among faculty, researchers and students at Adelphi
University about digital information resources and their broad
application to and integration with campus education, research, and
- Serve as liaison to campus academic programs, ensuring faculty
and students are fully aware of the services and resources offered
by the library and its faculty.
- Collaborates with key constituents on research synthesis
projects, such as journal clubs, seminars, and systematic
- Develops print and electronic support materials on relevant
topics; plans and organizes regular campus events and programming
on these topics.
- Selects resources (electronic resources, journals, and software
tools) to support this area of effort.
- Works with faculty and students to develop ideas for new
programs and services and a deeper understanding of service
- Contributes to library-wide planning activities and
collaborates with colleagues on projects in areas of shared
interest. Actively participates in appropriate library programs and
services where appropriate.
- Actively supports and contributes to a diverse and culturally
sensitive working environment.
- Manage projects to effectively and efficiently provide
services. Seeks grant opportunities to fund innovation
- Attends faculty and student research seminars, department wide
conferences and university symposia to keep abreast of current
- Serves on university and library committees as
- Participates in scholarly societies, attends academic
conferences, and represents the library in relevant academic
- Through instruction, consultations, and other methods,
facilitate data discovery, interpretation, visualization, and
management in close collaboration with Research and Instruction
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Master's degree in library or information science from an
ALA-accredited program or international equivalent, or other
appropriate degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong ability to think and act strategically, and demonstrated
success at bringing concepts to realization while meeting
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
with a diverse population of faculty/staff, students, and
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Excellent database searching skills; Proficiency in searching
bibliographic and citation databases, such as: PubMed, Scopus, the
Cochrane Library, PsycINFO, and CINAHL Complete.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology tools/skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, time management,
organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated
ability to communicate effectively both in person and virtually
using a variety of media and technologies.
- A second post-baccalaureate degree or similar proof of advanced
study is highly preferred and is required for promotion to the rank
of Associate Professor and for tenure.
- Academic background or prior professional experience in the
- Proficiency with Excel or other spreadsheet/reporting
- Proficiency with Zotero, Mendeley or other reference management
and research collaboration tools.
- Excellent presentation skills; demonstrated ability to develop
relevant educational content and teach workshops related to
biomedical information resources and information management.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse stakeholders in a
health care environment.
- Demonstrated experience providing instructional and reference
services including the creation of online tutorials, surveys, or
- Experience providing reference and specialized research
services to nursing, public health, and allied health disciplines,
faculty, students, and affiliated clinical researchers.
- Experience or strong interest in collaborating with teams
working on systematic reviews and other research synthesis
- Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and
names of three people who will serve as references.
- Informal inquiries concerning the position are welcome:
Christina Connolly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will
continue until the appropriate candidates are secured.
- We strongly encourage applications from members of historically
under-represented minority groups.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally
ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated
to transforming students' lives through small classes with
world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to
support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional
liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with
particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and
Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health
and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational
university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main
campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson
Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers
students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs
in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With
powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than
115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of
students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from
top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community
that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2574