Head Men's Golf Coach - PT
Head Men's Golf Coach (Part Time)
The Head Men's Golf Coach is responsible for the recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes.
The Head Coach, in addition to all requirements detailed in the responsibilities and duties section, is recognized as pivotal to, and responsible for, the record of the program, as it relates to competitive scheduling, university/community relations and the enhancement and academic achievement of the student athletes.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Athletic Director of Facilities and Game Operations
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Directs all phases of the management and administration of the men's golf program.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies, procedures and guidelines of the University and the athletics department.
- Adheres to, along with assistant coaches and support personnel, the compliance of all University, NCAA and other conference association rules and regulations.
- Directly responsible for the retention and graduation of the student-athletes and coordinates with the academic liaison.
- Responsible for all areas of the sport's budget including, recruiting, travel and equipment.
- Schedules and conducts regular practice sessions as allowed by the NCAA and University guidelines. Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the preparation of games and practices.
- Coordinates all scheduling with the sport administrator.
- Coordinates team travel with and submits all budget requests to the Business Manager.
- Formalizes and executes an alumni outreach plan with the sport administrator. Coordinates fundraising initiatives (events, individual outreach) with the AD and sport administrator for the purpose of enhancing the operating budget and endowed scholarships.
- Oversees the conditioning and training of the student-athletes in conjunction with the sports medicine staff and adheres to all policies and procedures within the University's health and safety program.
- Develops and implements strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at their best.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and recruiting potential student-athletes.
- Initiates the process for recommending financial athletic aid, the National Letter of Intent and the non-renewal/renewal scholarship recommendations. All documentation for non-renewal of disciplinary suspensions is the responsibility of the head coach.
- Conducts the performance evaluation of the assistant coaches and is the primary recruiter and recommends to the Athletic Director all hiring of staff members. Also monitors and coordinates the professional conduct of all coaches and support staff.
- Participates in public relations activities and works closely with the University's athletic communications, marketing and fundraising programs. Attends athletic development/alumni functions, academic/athletic honors and other special events as designated by the University.
- Represents the sport program in the community as appropriate.
- Complies with policies and procedures set forth by Adelphi University, the Northeast 10 Conference and the NCAA.
- Responsible for knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. If found responsible for a violation of NCAA regulations, will be subject to disciplinary or corrective action, including termination if appropriate. Also may be responsible for any act or omission that may give rise to a finding that
- the University has violated an NCAA violation.
- Position requires working weekends and nights.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Ability to supervise students and employees.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Windows and E-mail.
- Ability to work nights and weekends is required.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA and Conference guidelines.
- Knowledge of Golf, fitness and competition preparation.
- Must be able to conduct practice sessions.
- Must be able to demonstrate proper techniques.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Three - five years' experience coaching, at the college level is preferred.
- Student Workers and Managers.
- Part-time Assistant Coaches.
- Graduate Assistants.
- Part-time Union Employees.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2573