Communications Liaison - PT
Communications Liasion - PT
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
This position serves in a multi-functional role supporting the entire Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion on internal and external communications. The Communications Liaison is responsible for assisting on the development and monitoring of our communications plan, overseeing our promotional needs, attending strategic communications meetings on our behalf, updating our website, and compiling and contributing to the strategic content to our newsletter.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
DOTTED LINE REPORTS TO: Chief Communications Officer
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Will serve as the DEI communications liaison to University Communications. In this critical capacity, will assist with maintaining the strategic communications plan and attend Strategic Communications meetings.
- Create monthly content strategy and oversee, plan, organize, contribute to and edit the content and delivery of each month's DEI newsletter.
- Maintain the DEI website and be responsible for ensuring regular content updates.
- Assist with efforts to promote, cultivate and engage diverse members at the University.
- Ability to handle confidential information and requests with discretion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Ability to manage and work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective time management, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality on a wide range of issues.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- MFA preferred.
- Previous successful experience organizing, managing and reporting on multiple priorities, activities and projects concurrently.
- Experience working in an office and/or educational setting required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency, preferred.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2570