Bridges to Adelphi Program
The primary responsibilities of the Academic Coordinator are to assist the Associate Director, Senior Associate Director, and Director of the Bridges to Adelphi Program in the overall administration and development of the program. Responsibilities include supervising the Academic Supervisors (see below), managing the graduate student staff (see below); and communicating and collaborating with other campus services (see below).
REPORTS TO: Associate Director
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Collaborate with the Support Supervisor in scheduling of student academic meetings.
- Supervise Academic Supervisors, including:
- Meet weekly 1:1 to discuss the academic status of all students enrolled in the Bridges Program.
- Review Academic Coach, Learning Strategist, and Executive Organizer meeting reports with Supervisors.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, G-mail, and Adelphi University Programs such as Moodle, Ecampus, CLASS, Degree Audit, MyAULife and Zoom.
- Knowledge and experience working with college students with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Strong ability to collaborate with others and work as a team.
- Able to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, and 6 days per week.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Education, Communication Disorders, or currently enrolled in graduate program in related fields is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one year of job related work experience required.
- Job-related experience working in student services, and higher education is preferred.
- Academic Supervisors.
- Academic Coaches.
- Learning Strategist.
- Executive Organizers.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2572