Senior Associate - Organizational Excellence
Senior Associate - Organizational Excellence
The University of Virginia invites applications for the position of Senior Associate in the Office of Organizational Excellence (OE). In partnership with the University community, this role is responsible for leading work to advance institutional priorities and core mission activities.
This individual will serve as a leader, catalyst, and consultant for initiatives that vary in scale and scope. Responsibilities span project planning, project implementation and programming to build organizational capacity for change, improvement, and innovation. This role will work closely with the broader University community – school, department and area leaders and team members, project managers, and faculty and staff stakeholder groups.
Organizational Excellence (OE) is the University’s pan-institutional quality and improvement program, a partner for effectiveness and excellence. For more information, visit https://organizationalexcellence.virginia.edu/
The position reports to the Associate VP for Organizational Excellence.
- Partner with academic and administrative units throughout the university to address complex issues and advance institutional priorities
- Support strategic and operational planning, process improvement, organizational effectiveness, and organizational change initiatives
- Develop project plans, timelines, communications, change management plans, and metrics
- Serve as a project and/or change manager for select projects or phases of a project
- Collect and analyze data/information to inform decision-making
- Coordinate and facilitate stakeholder engagement
- Select and apply from a variety of methodologies and tools to match the approach to the desired outcomes
- Coach, advise and mentor colleagues about improvement, innovation, and excellence.
- Assist with program planning, leadership, and administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, such as organizational development, higher education, business administration or related field.
- At least 7 years experience with project management, change management, process improvement and organizational development. 10 or more years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with large-scale/pan-institutional change efforts in complex organizations/higher education.
- Applied knowledge of project management, process improvement, organizational effectiveness, change management, and other relevant fields
- Experience with a variety of organizational development, improvement and collaboration methods and tools
- Applied knowledge of basic quantitative and qualitative research design
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to assess complex issues and develop relevant, realistic plans to address
- Ability to build trusted and effective relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated facilitation, collaboration, consensus-building and negotiation skills
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting and across functions and levels
- Ability to set priorities and adapt in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Working knowledge higher education structures and functions or similar organization
Preferred Qualifications: An advanced degree, certifications in Project Management Professional and Change Management or equivalents, and other related quality, improvement and innovation education (e.g. design thinking, strategic planning, facilitation, LEAN, etc.).
The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment per University policy.
Anticipated hiring range: $110,000 - $132,000 commensurate with education and experience.
Applicant review will begin July 30, 2021, this position will remain open until filled
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0026095"
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and search for “R0026095”
Complete an application online and attach:
- Cover Letter
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box.
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. ***
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.