Assessment Assistant, Letter of Appointment
Assessment Assistant, Letter of Appointment
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Assessment Assistant Purpose:
This position is responsible for proctoring standardized paper-based, computer-based, or remote assessments to students of the Office of Adult Basic Education at Truckee Meadows Community College.
Assessment Assistant Duties:
- Proctor assessments at various locations to groups of
- Provide and maintain a safe and orderly testing
- Assist with computer-based testing trouble-shooting
- Verify student testing appointments
- Prepare testing rooms
- Report assessment discrepancies
- Read and respond to emails daily
- Adhere to all test administration, certification, security,
scoring, and reporting policies as set forth by the Nevada
Department of Education and the assessment
- Maintain confidentiality and the security of both electronic
and paper files in accordance to FERPA regulations
- Participate in and assist at TMCC and ABE special events,
meetings and trainings as assigned/required
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Multi-tasking; organization, prioritization, attention to
- Intermediate computer, typing and data entry
- Basic knowledge of office equipment; scanners, fax, Xerox,
shredder, multiple telephone lines, printers, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to make decisions and analyze information
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a
positive, cooperative and professional manner
- Professional and businesslike image/attire at all
- Associates Degree or 2 years of experience in an
- Primary Work hours are part time 4:30 pm to 10 pm
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Hourly wage of $22 per hour
Primary Work Hours
- Up to 19 hours per week. Part-time from 4:30 pm to 10 pm
weeknights and some weekends
These opportunities are part-time only and will not be continued beyond the ending date. These opportunities may be terminated at will, at any time, for any reason, without notice; appointee has no appeal rights. Temporary assignments are not eligible for consideration for tenure as part of the assignment.
- Current Resume/CV that includes contact information for three Professional References.
- Cover Letter
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Meadowood-Center/Assessment-Assistant--Letter-of-Appointment_R0125645-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.