Fraternity & Sorority Life Administrative Program Assistant
Job no: 527810
Work type: Classified Staff
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Administrative/Office Support
Department: Office of the Dean of Students
Classification: Administrative Program Assist
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $15.81-$23.49 per hour
Review of Applications Begins
Position closes August 6, 2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to an online application, including names and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor if not currently employed), please upload:
- Cover letter explaining how you meet each of the required
minimum qualifications, professional competencies, and preferred
- Chronological resume including work experience, education, and
- Answer to the following supplemental question:
1. The Division of Student Life is committed to creating a multicultural organization that actively respects, includes, and engages everyone. What does this mean to you and how, if you were selected as the successful candidate, will you help us meet this goal? Further, how will you encourage and develop a commitment to inclusivity among the students with whom you will be working?
The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life is part of the Office of the Dean of Students (ODOS). ODOS is a department within the Division of Student Life and is committed the divisional goals of advancing and transforming student learning that builds community. The Office of the Dean of Students is a learning organization that encourages a caring and safe community that increases our students' abilities to learn and make healthy choices; promotes inclusiveness, supports the success and growth of all students; prepares students to think critically, practice skills, and clarify values--all of which they can use throughout their lifetime; and enriches the student experience.
The offices reporting directly to the Dean of Students and works with Student Life staff, student groups and other members of the university community in the development of curricular and co-curricular opportunities that assure the integration of academic and student life.
The purpose of this position is to primarily provide administrative support to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life (FSL) as well as to the Assistant Dean and Director of Leadership and Engagement, who supervises the FSL director. The majority of this position will support FSL in such ways as event planning, managing of deposits, scheduling meetings, and managing the chapter registration process, among other duties. This position will also support the Assistant Dean and Director of Leadership and Engagement by providing calendar and meeting assistance, and general administrative help, as needed.
This position will be supervised by the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life and the Assistant Dean and Director of Leadership and Engagement.
- Three years of office experience which includes two years at
full performance level and experience generating documents;
- Lead work responsibility or coordination of office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to cultivate
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills exhibiting tact and diplomacy
in establishing and maintaining cooperative, professional
relationships with campus administrators, staff members, faculty
members, vendors, support groups, donors, and the general
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with and/or commitment to working
effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds in support of
an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in high-pressure
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively as well as
independently with the ability to exercise sound judgement and
initiative in prioritizing and multitasking in a fast-paced
- Demonstrated high level of confidence in making strategic
decisions and using analytical skills to identify problems and
develop immediate and innovative solutions, including
resourcefulness for substitutions and adjustments in unplanned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years of demonstrated experience in office management and
event planning, execution and evaluation, including organizing,
planning and directing both small and large scale
- Experience working in a higher education or other institutional
- Experience working with Engage/Campus Labs.
- Experience with Banner data management system.
- Experience with Fraternity & Sorority Life.
- Experience supervising student employees.
FLSA Exempt: No
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
This is a classified position represented by the SEIU Local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
To apply, visit https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/527810/fraternity-sorority-life-administrative-program-assistant