Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Psychology
Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology
The Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology at Adelphi University seeks to enhance its roster of distinguished faculty through the addition of a colleague with a strong background in Clinical Psychology. We are seeking candidates who have a strong commitment to teaching undergraduate and graduate students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Candidates will be expected to contribute to our APA accredited PhD program in clinical psychology in terms of teaching, scholarship, research and service.
- In addition to teaching courses in clinical psychology broadly defined, applicants will mentor and advise PhD students.
- Applicants for this Open Rank [Assistant/Associate/Full] Professor Tenured/Tenure-track position must have a PhD and will begin teaching no later than the Fall 2021 semester. We would prefer to hire at the Associate/Full professor rank, but if no suitable candidates emerge for this position, we will also consider applicants at the Assistant Professor level.
- Applicants with a strong publication record would be preferred. Research and scholarship areas are open; however, those should be impactful and clinically relevant.
- Experience interacting with diverse populations and/or students of color.
- An interest in integrative and psychodynamic psychotherapies would be advantageous.
- Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research interests, selected reprints/preprints, teaching evaluation forms, and three letters of recommendation (please send letters of recommendation to the following link: email@example.com).
- Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Questions should be forwarded to Professor Kate Szymanski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website at https://www.adelphi.edu/hr/open-positions/
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
ABOUT THE GORDON F. DERNER SCHOOL OF PSYCHOLOGY:
The Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology is committed to have a diverse and inclusive faculty and thus especially invites applications from women, minorities, and historically disadvantaged groups. We are committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. For further information about the Derner School of Psychology which includes an APA approved PhD in Clinical Psychology, a School Psychology PsyD, and MA programs in General Psychology, School psychology, and Mental Health counseling, and post-graduate programs as well as one of the largest undergraduate majors at Adelphi, please click here: https://derner.adelphi.edu.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2493