Contract and Vendor Manager
Rowan University seeks to appoint a manager to lead our strategic
vendor interactions for the division of Information Resources &
Technology (IRT). IRT is responsible for the University’s
information technology and applications, information security, data
integrity, systems-related compliance, and reporting. Along with
the University, IRT has grown extensively in recent years and we
are in the process of refining the management of temporary workers,
independent and self-sourced contractors, vendors engaged in
statements of work, and cloud-based vendor services.
This position will serve as a collaborative connector among the
division of IRT, the Office of Contracting and Procurement, and
internal stakeholders to organize and standardize the processes,
contracts, and information resulting from our work with outside
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships and contract
management for the division of IRT.
- Responsible for negotiating vendor contract requirements and
partnering with Procurement to effectively negotiate contract, SOWs
and other relevant contract terms.
- Execute Rowan's collaborative framework with external vendors,
IT and internal departments. Our framework focuses on defining
common coals, setting strategic priorities, and requirements, and
streamlining processes to maximize value.
- Ensure a robust process of notification or escalation is in
place to report on both underspend and potential overspend with the
appropriate approvals sought for either situation.
- Work closely with the CIO and appropriate unit management to
prepare and administer budgets reflecting approved technology
plans/projects; management of various budgets.
- Work closely with the Information Security Office to identify
and monitor vendor issues, and track vendor risks to ensure
mitigation plans are defined and implemented.
- Interact and collaborate with all levels of staff and
participate as part of IRT’s management team.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 to 5 years of professional work experience with
procurement or vendor relationship management.
- Consultative work style that supports successful initiatives
with all levels of management and customers across organizational
- Very strong written and oral communication skills with the
proven ability to develop senior management briefings using
PowerPoint, Word and Excel; and deliver presentations to all levels
- Skilled at maximizing vendor value in support of key
- Familiar with project management methods
- Experience with contract life cycle management processes
: If there is NO prior experience in IT contract
negotiations, the interested candidate must be willing to learn IT
procurement & contract management since this position will
mainly be managing software & hardware contracts.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in IT-related field, Business, Finance, or
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial aspects of vendor
management is a plus.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and/or project management
- Experience with procure-to-pay, e-sourcing
- Prior experience in IT contract negotiations