Athletic Communications Multimedia Specialist, Professional Service Specialist 3
The Athletic Communications Multimedia Specialist will be responsible for producing and creating video content for Rowan Athletics, with an emphasis on producing the video streaming broadcasts for home games in all sports. The individual will manage and create content for Rowan Athletics’ social media accounts and will assist with game coverage and publicity of athletic teams as assigned. This position reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Communications and requires work hours in the evenings and on weekends.
- Oversee and produce video streaming broadcasts of all home athletic events.
- Work with the director and assistant director of athletic communications to develop a social media plan for Rowan Athletics and manage and create content on all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Oversee and provide guidance for individual teams’ accounts.
- Edit and create video content for RowanAthletics.com and social media channels, as well as generating feature stories and interviews with coaches and student-athletes. Capture and edit video highlights for athletic events and produce video packages for teams and the athletic department. Maintain video archives for the department.
- Assign, train and supervise interns and student workers who assist with the live streaming broadcasts of Rowan athletic events.
- Assist with game coverage and publicity of teams, which includes writing press releases and compiling statistics.
- Graduation from an accredited college with a bachelor’s degree (communications, radio/tv/film, digital media or related field).
- 2 (two) years of professional experience (preferably in college athletics).
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge in video editing and live streaming with the use of professional grade audio/video equipment.
- Experience with all current social media platforms and an in-depth understanding of sports and college athletics.
- Must be a team player with strong communications and interpersonal skills and a solid writing ability. Must be able to multi-task effectively, prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign Photoshop, Premiere Pro) or Final Cut Pro. Familiarity with Statcrew or NCAA Live Stats software is beneficial.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.