Senior Systems Engineer
Are you a dedicated, adaptable, self-starter who enjoys learning
and working with a wide variety of technologies? Rowan University
is seeking an experienced, innovative Systems Engineer to join our
In this position, you will work as a member of the Infrastructure
Services groups that handles the end-to-end management of all
University owned network, server and storage infrastructure. You
will be part of a dedicated and creative team of system engineers
that are responsible for the configuration, operation, and
maintenance of the University's enterprise core critical systems
and services. You will also play a key role in designing and
implementing Rowan’s cloud platform solution and represent
Infrastructure Services on other division and institution wide
projects. We are a collaborative team making a big difference to a
The successful candidate must have:
Responsibilities may include:
- 4-year degree or equivalent education in a related field.
Professional experience may be substituted for education on a
- At least five years of professional position-related
- Earnest commitment to customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strength in technical problem-solving and offering creative
- Lead planning, development, and coordination of operations for
current and future infrastructure implementations.
- Create and maintain system documentation, diagrams, operational
procedures, and architectural documentation.
- Analyze infrastructure performance in order to resolve problems
or make appropriate recommendations.
- Implementation, configuration, maintenance, support, and
security of the University's Server environment. This includes Red
Hat Linux, Window Server 2012/2016, Microsoft Active Directory,
DFS, and Red Hat Satellite.
- Implementation and support of cloud infrastructure (AWS &
- Implementation and administration of hypervisor platforms
(VMware and Citrix XenServer.)
- Maintenance and service for HPE server hardware (HPE BL &
DL hardware) and storage (HPE 3PAR) platforms.
- Provide user support for server hosting requests, system
changes and upgrades.
- Participate in the team developing and executing the
University's cloud platform strategy.
- Work to enable platforms that can support future data lake and
artificial intelligence initiatives.
- Perform capacity planning for projected future growth