Part-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 2:30pm
when school is in session, flexibility is required. Schedule may
vary according to departmental and Academy needs.
Assist management in fulfilling the Dining Services mission: “we
create a dining experience where the whole person is renewed.”
Assist in meeting the objectives of the Grill while providing fast,
accurate and friendly service to customers. Perform as a key player
with the food service team.
Must embody the mission of the Dining Services Department: “A Team
of Professionals dedicated to providing quality food service with a
This position is considered “Essential Personnel”
- an emergency occurs on the PEA Campus or in the vicinity that
would impact PEA;
- inclement weather forces the closing of campus or;
- other emergency events deemed appropriate.
Essential Personnel are required to report to or remain at work if
instructed to do so if contacted directly by the supervisor (or
his/her designee), the Principal or a member of the Principal’s
Staff (Leadership Team).
- Perform as a key player with the food service team.
- Prepare supplies and food to be served during the hours of
- Interact positively with students, staff, faculty and
- Prepare counter foods such as frappes, cookies, smoothies and
- Replenish and restock items as necessary.
- Clean Grill after busy periods of service, including sweeping
- Operate cash register and be accountable for handling of
- Interact positively with students and campus staff.
- Collect and empty trash receptacles.
- Assist with concession operations when needed.
- Ensures that all areas of Grill are cleaned and maintained,
including tables, chairs, floors, equipment and décor.
Degree of Independent Action Performed
- Keeps up-to-date on emergency procedures and be prepared to
implement when necessary.
- Practices proper cleaning procedures and observes all MSDS
policies/procedures for safety and sanitation.
- Obeys all local, state, and federal safety health codes.
Incumbent works under the guidance of the Grill Manager or the Cook
Lead, but is expected to work with a high level of independence and
autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and
judgment in decisions impacting staff and department
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, Dean of Students office, PEA
administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff.
External contacts may include parents, outside organizations,
visitors and local community neighbors.
- High school diploma or GED required, or must be 16 years of age
or older and enrolled in school.
- Some college experience helpful.
Skills & Knowledge
- Some counter work/short order experience preferred.
- Cash register experience preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships, and the ability to take direction
and work with others.
- Must have a strong commitment to service, strong interpersonal
skills, creativity and an “eye” for display are essential.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Ability to perform basic math computations.
- Ability to correctly identify food products.
- Must possess knowledge and commit to health and safety
procedures with food handling and preparation.
- Practices excellent personal hygiene habits; follows and
adheres to uniform standards daily.
- Regular and consistent attendance with the ability to work a
flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends, and
- Must possess excellent guest service and hospitality skills and
projects a positive image while interacting with students, faculty,
staff and guests.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and
will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of
time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy objects
as well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Ability and dexterity to grasp and grip and safely operate
commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50lbs without
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers
rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example using a
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Ability to see with normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to work under a range of temperature conditions such as
withstanding exposure to extreme heat in the kitchen or extreme
cold from freezers.
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).
- Successfully complete a pre-employment physical/health
screening examination, which may include a drug screening.
- Must consistently wear assigned uniform and equipment and
adhere to the appearance guidelines.