The College of Science at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking s Research Technician, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct behavioral experiments with rodents.
- Microscopy - conduct image acquisition and analysis.
- Perform tissue sectioning and various biological assays including immunohistochemistry, ELISAs, and western blotting.
- Develop and maintain a small rodent colony.
- Train and supervise undergraduate research assistants.
- Collect blood and harvest tissue from rodents.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a Basic Science or related field and laboratory or research experience; or high school diploma or equivalent and four years of laboratory or research experience. College coursework in a natural or physical science may be substituted for the required experience on a year for year basis.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now REQ10688.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Biology & Life Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton