Adjunct Education Clinical Supervisor K-12 Secondary Mathematics
- The GCU School of Education seeks part-time mathematics content
specialists to supervise teacher interns in the field. The job
candidate must be a content expert (seeking mathematic content
experts) who can motivate, direct, and review pre-service secondary
interns' teaching practices and procedures. Active engagement in
scholarly activities that support and improve pedagogy is most
desirable. This is a part-time position beginning Fall, 2021.
- Provide support to pre-service secondary teacher interns in the 7-12 setting.
- Participate in teacher education (university) department functions including calibration training, program assessment, and accreditation.
- Collaborate in program development.
- Integrate the core values of respect, compassion, integrity, justice and service in all aspects of interactions with faculty and candidates.
- Demonstrated commitment to and teaching in diverse settings with students from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Refer advanced issues to the Director of Field Placement.
- Complete intern's reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure teacher interns comply with licensure requirements.
- Visit interns on-site and/or virtual (synchronous) while they are teaching.
Miscellaneous/secondary responsibilities that maybe involved in this job:
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic some of the supervision may be done remotely (virtual synchronous only/No asynchronous). Supervised field experiences will likely be done in-person starting fall 2021.
- Must have regular access to a computer with appropriate bandwidth connectivity that allows for video conferencing; and be comfortable using that technology.
- Must be able to hold regular virtual meetings with interns.
- Must be able to locate and utilize virtual resources relevant to completing online/virtual mentoring of interns.
- Some resources will be provided or recommended by the department, but the supervisor is expected to be able to locate and utilize other free resources and recommend to interns.
- Master’s degree and NJ Supervisor certificate required; Earned doctorate in appropriate field preferred. A minimum of 3 years of successful teaching experience in public/private settings
- Meets state licensure requirements for content area being supervised; administrative and or supervisor’s certification preferred.
- Secondary and or Subject Specific New Jersey Teacher Certification and teaching experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience teaching students with disabilities required; NJ Students with Disabilities endorsement preferred.
- edTPA knowledge and experience preferred; willingness to learn required.
- Ability to effectively use instructional technology (e.g. Internet, varied instructional software, Learning Management System, virtual streaming tools).
- Experience in assessing learning outcomes.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively.
- Willing to travel to various schools throughout NJ.
**Must be US work authorized**
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Curriculum & Instruction Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakewood