Assistant Coach - Men's Soccer - Part Time
ASSISTANT COACH - MEN'S SOCCER - PART TIME
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a part-time Assistant Coach for our Men's Soccer team, who will assist the Head Coach in the activities of this intercollegiate sport.
Malcolm X College fields teams in four sports - men's basketball, women’s basketball, men's soccer, and women’s volleyball.
The mission of Malcolm X College is to provide accessible liberal arts and health-focused education that fosters personal and professional achievement. To fulfill this mission, we focus on the following core values: accountability, community, diversity, empowerment, learning, and respect.
- Assists the Head Coach in instruction and analysis of student-athletes.
- Provides skill demonstrations of sport coached.
- Critiques athletes’ performance to determine skills and abilities that need strengthening for overall team improvement.
- Assists with the recruitment of student-athletes.
- Advises students with respect to athletic performance and other personal development issues. Ensures that athletes reach their academic goals by monitoring class attendance and ensuring they receive academic support as necessary.
- Assists with assessment of equipment, uniforms and other necessary apparel and needs; assists with making team travel arrangements, both in accordance with the Board’s purchasing guidelines.
- Assists with scheduling pre-season, season and other games and tournaments; assists with training, practices and coaching in league, conference and tournament play.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of mandatory national and regional reports.
- Ensures that the conduct of self and the athletes is in compliance with the City Colleges of Chicago Athletic Governance Policy and Athletic Participation Policy.
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Completion of an Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred, preferably in Physical Education or related field, supplemented by 2-3 years of coaching and/or professional playing experience.
- Familiarity with NJCAA rules and regulations a plus.
For the second time in three years, Malcolm X College was selected as aPromising Places to Work in Community Colleges award winner! The award is given by the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development (NISOD), a membership organization committed to promoting and celebrating excellence in teaching and leadership at community and technical colleges, and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, a leading academic publication.
MXC was recognized for its best-in-class student and staff recruitment and retention practices, inclusive learning and working environments, and meaningful community service and engagement opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!