Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator
Rogers State University is accepting applications for the Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator. The Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator manages the operational, administrative and technical aspects of the university’s LMS. The position works closely with learners, instructional designers and LMS vendor to ensure integrity, functionality and availability of the LMS platform. The role serves as the technical lead for support issues and maintenance of the LMS, integrated tools and related software applications.
Reports to: Director of Administrative Computing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
or closely related technology discipline
Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Three-five years’ work experience in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Broad technical knowledge base with a willingness to learn new
technologies and keep informed of emerging technology;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities, priorities and deadlines effectively;
- Follows through on all assignments and takes ownership of issues through resolution;
- Seeks innovative ways to improve the process of delivering solutions;
- Functions independently with limited work direction;
- Advanced level troubleshooting and analytical skills;
- Ability to use good judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills with strong attention to detail.
• Manages the LMS and daily operational activities and
functions; provides support to designated personnel to ensure
efficient operations and effective technical support in the use of
the LMS and third party applications;
• Identifies and communicates opportunities for process and quality improvements as well as suggested enhancements;
• Acquires and maintains knowledge of current technology as it applies to LMS software and related applications;
• Documents processes, procedures and best practices to ensure the security and integrity of the LMS system;
• Provides assistance for users logging into the LMS and related applications;
• Serves as point of escalation for support issues and as a liaison to the LMS vendor;
• Works with the instructional designers and learners to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to accessing the LMS, accessing courses, system functionality;
• Coordinates training related to initial rollout, upgrades and new end users for both faculty and students to ensure they gain access to the system and understand how to use it properly; develops and posts documentation and resource guides for end users on operational procedures, changes and policies;
• Other duties as assigned.
This institution is in compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, religion, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial aid, and educational services.