IN HOUSE ONLY - Administrative Clerk 47.5% (19 hours/week)
THIS POSITION IS FOR INTERNAL CCCD CANDIDATES ONLY.
TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
(EXCLUDING PT FACULTY AND STUDENT ASSISTANTS)
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
IF YOU ARE NOT A CURRENT EMPLOYEE WITH CCCD, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY AT THIS TIME.
About Golden West College
Located in Huntington Beach, California, Golden West College is a two-year college, serving over 18,000 students on a 122-acre campus. GWC offers over 60 Associate degrees, a strong university transfer program, more than 40 Career and Technical Education certificates, community education, and extensive student support services. Founded in 1966, Golden West College has been widely recognized for its pioneering leadership in designing learning-centered programs and services for its students. For the last two years, Golden West College has been named a ' Champion of Higher Education for Excellence in Transfer' by The Campaign for College Opportunity in recognition of its extraordinary work in awarding and implementing the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) to help students achieve their educational and professional goals.
Golden West College (GWC) welcomes a diverse pool of candidates and has an unwavering commitment to quality education, equitable outcomes, inclusive practices and racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. Ideal candidates for all positions at our college share our devotion to educating and improving the lives of our representative student, employee, and community populations.
Additionally, GWC is an officially designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and has an eligibility designation as an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI). GWC engages in regular professional development opportunities and partnerships so we can best serve disproportionately impacted groups. Additionally, the college supports equity minded programs as well as a full calendar of culturally responsive events. For up-to-date information on our student demographic and more, please see the following link: Golden West College Scorecard Golden West College is part of the Coast Community College District , a multi-college district that includes Orange Coast College and Coastline Community College . Information about GWC can also be found at www.goldenwestcollege.edu .
Performs routine and/or standardized duties associated with secretarial, receptionist or clerical work and providing general office or program assistance. Duties will vary according to area of assignment, which may include a school site, District office or special program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
- Serves as receptionist to a department, school site, or function. Greets visitors, staff or students in person or over the telephone, and provides standard information related to area of assignment. Answers incoming phone lines and routes calls.
- Types (keyboards) routine letters, memoranda, reports, work orders, requisitions or other materials from straight copy, rough drafts or verbal instructions.
- Maintains records and alphanumeric files of documents processed for ready access. Ensures the timely distribution and receipt of a variety of records and documents.
- Reviews, prepares, and enters information from documents into data entry screens to databases that have established formats and limited access.
- Assists others to assemble and organize materials for distribution such as, but not limited to, registration packets, schedules, correspondence, and newsletters.
- May receive and process private student information. Maintains security and privacy of information processed or received during the course of performing assigned duties.
- May assist with setup of programs, workshops, and meetings. This includes assembling files and learning materials.
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail. Composes routine correspondence.
- Serves as a point-of-sale cashier accepting money on account or cash. May learn and assist with end-of-day procedures such as compilation of daily receipts and counts.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
Knowledge and Skills:
The position requires basic knowledge of secretarial practices, general office procedures, filing, record keeping and receptionist and telephone techniques and etiquette. Requires basic knowledge of typical departmental procedures regarding information and document flow. Requires sufficient knowledge of and skill at accessing and using personal computer applications such as office productivity suites, business and student data entry formats, and e-mail. Requires sufficient math skill to compute sums, percents, and portions. Requires knowledge of English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation to prepare routine correspondence for internal distribution. Requires sufficient human relations skill to maintain harmony with peers and customers and portray a positive image of the organization unit and district.
Requires the ability to perform the duties of the position efficiently and effectively, under general supervision. Requires the ability to learn, understand and apply district rules, regulations and policies. Requires the ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including personal computers and keyboards, copiers, printers, etc. Requires the ability to maintain records and filing systems. Requires the ability to enter alphanumeric information to data entry screens. Requires the ability to prioritize workload to meet established deadlines.
Education and Experience:
The position typically requires a High School diploma supplemented by post-secondary course work in general office skills and 1 year of experience in general clerical, data entry, and production keyboarding, or equivalent environment. Or, any combination of education and experience that meets the required equivalent qualifications.
Licenses and Certificates:
May require a valid driver license.
The incumbent must be able to function indoors engaged in work of primarily a sedentary nature. Requires near vision to write and to read printed materials and computer screens. Requires hearing and speech for ordinary and telephonic conversation and to hear sound prompts from equipment. Requires ambulatory ability to sit, often for long periods of time, move about campus locations, and to reach work materials. Requires manual and finger dexterity to type/keyboard at an acceptable rate and/or operate mouse and/or otherwise operate a microcomputer and other equipment.
Work is performed indoors where minimal safety considerations exist.
Conditions of Employment
This is a part-time classified, 19 hour per week, 12-month per year position. The normal hours of work are to be arranged between the hours of 8:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requirements may preclude the employee from retaining employment.
- The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Coast Community College District policies, procedures, and Title IX. (Reference: BP/AP 5910)
- The Coast Community College District celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the District's strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Coast Community College District, through policies, practices, and other benefit programs, delivers a fair and equitable total compensation program that promotes equal employment opportunity, inclusion, and workforce vitality. In general, it is the policy of the District to place new employees at the first step of the salary grade. All movement on the salary schedule will occur July 1 of each year for all classified employees.
ATTENTION : Before applying, please be sure to review the Coast Colleges District Board Policy regarding Nepotism ( (BP 7310) (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) (Download PDF reader) ) to check if your application may be impacted. If you have any questions, please contact HR Recruitment at 714-438-4714 or 714-438-4716.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS :
To be considered for employment you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. A complete application packet includes:
1. A complete online employment application.
2. A current resume (attached as a separate document - PDF recommended).
3. A cover letter highlighting your qualifications for the desired position (attached as a separate document - PDF recommended).
4. Answers to all Supplemental Questions (please provide clear, thorough responses as they will be carefully evaluated to determine the most qualified candidate(s) to be invited for an interview; please do not put 'see resume.').
Submission of all required application information and materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES :
Applications must be received no later than the posted closing date. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. Electronic applications may be completed by visiting www.cccd.edu/employment . Once you have completed an electronic application, you may apply to open positions within the Coast Community College District by submitting the application and all other required materials. Required materials differ for each open position and must be complete when submitted for a specific posting. Instructions for completing applications and applying to posted positions are available online or by calling Applicant Processing at (714) 438-4714 or (714) 438-4716.
Information for TDD users is available by calling (714) 438-4755.
All applications will be screened under a process of utmost confidentiality by a committee of representatives from the college community. All application materials become the property of the Coast Community College District and will NOT be copied or returned. Any documents that you are unable to attach can be faxed to (714) 782-6065. Faxes must clearly indicate your name and the job to which you are applying.
To ensure consistency and fairness to all applicants, please do not submit materials in addition to those requested. Additional materials will not be considered or returned. Be sure to complete all questions and sections of the application. For questions which may not apply, indicate 'n/a' (not applicable). If you do not know an answer, please indicate so, but do not leave any space blank.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 or (714) 438-4716.
SELECTION PROCEDURES :
- All online applications and required materials received by the deadline date will be screened to determine which applicant(s) meet(s) the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Please note: Possession of the minimum qualifications does not ensure an interview .
- Applicants who meet the required qualifications and who are also deemed to possess the highest degree of desirable qualifications will be invited to discuss their qualifications in an interview with the College/District. Therefore, it is highly recommended that applicants submit clear, detailed responses to all supplemental questions in order to demonstrate his/her qualifications as related to the position.
- If any travel is required for an applicant to participate in-person during the interview process, this will be done so at the candidate's own expense .
The Coast Community College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College , Golden West College , and Orange Coast College . The three colleges offer programs in transfer, general education, occupational/technical education, community services and student support services. Coastline, Golden West and Orange Coast Colleges enroll more than 60,000 students each year in more than 300 degree and certificate programs.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
Coast Community College District Title IX:
This direct link 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR) is the 2020 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for Coast Colleges. The crime statistics for calendar years 2017, 2018, and 2019 were submitted to the U.S. Department of Education as required under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. A hardcopy can be provided from one of the Campus Safety Offices. Please contact any of the Campus Safety Offices for any questions regarding the report.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Huntington Beach
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Huntington Beach
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Huntington Beach
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Huntington Beach
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Huntington Beach